KRX 1000 anyone?

Looks pretty awesome I must say. I'll be watching the details on this as they start to hit the ground. I saw the TQ number but no HP numbers yet. I love that these will have 32" tires stock.

112HP 77torque at 7000rpm. It weighs 1900lbs without accessories.

31 inch tires on 15 rims.. so kinda oddball for the aftermarket utv tires.

$21000.

Its not going to win any races i dont think but its built like a tank and will most likely be very dependable. I however dont like to buy any first year machines..to see what kind of bugs they end up having.

This is an absolutely booming market with no end in sight.

[Linked Image from utvactionmag.com]

I love that we are getting more options. Not just Polaris or Can Am anymore.

But I am disappointed so far in the offerings from Honda, Yamaha, and now Kawi. Heck the Kawi is to wide to even be ridden or registered in WI. But they are all heavy, and 60hp down from the big 2. Honda has announced a 4 seater, but nothing from Yamaha, we'll see if Kawi does....

Thanks for clarifying the specs, I thought I saw a video that said 32's. 31's are still a good size tire. I was hoping for more HP but isn't that always the case...

Originally Posted by sw99
Thanks for clarifying the specs, I thought I saw a video that said 32's. 31's are still a good size tire. I was hoping for more HP but isn't that always the case...

Well there is a video that suggests that there might be a supercharged one... Also there are hints of a 3cylinder version.. There are many versions of RZRs and X3s..

The only thing i wouldnt like about the 31X15 is that they are currently unavailable to purchase...its a kawi only thing..as of right now.

I have a 2019 RZR Turbo and i cant even begin to use its power..

Originally Posted by krismoriah72

Well there is a video that suggests that there might be a supercharged one... Also there are hints of a 3cylinder version.. There are many versions of RZRs and X3s..

The only thing i wouldnt like about the 31X15 is that they are currently unavailable to purchase...its a kawi only thing..as of right now.

What do you mean 31x15 is a Kawi only thing? Nobody has 31x15 tires??

Yea there are several 31' tires out there that fit on a 15" wheel. I was looking into the ITP Ultracross R specs in the 31x9.5x15 before I decided on 32's.

Originally Posted by Srt20
Originally Posted by krismoriah72

What do you mean 31x15 is a Kawi only thing? Nobody has 31x15 tires??

Not in the maxxis carnivore which is on it.. not even on their website https://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-552-110-carnivore

Originally Posted by bubbatime
That's a very regular size truck tire... couldn't you run some super swampers or similar on it?

Pros/cons?

The weight is the deal breaker on a truck tire. UTV tires arequite a bit lighter. I have Load D 8 ply 32's on my UTV and they are only rated at a max load of 785 lbs per tire and weigh 37 lbs. A equivalent 6 ply SS TSL radial is 52 lbs with a max load of 2370.

15 lbs per corner is a big deal on the components.

Just a little update. I bought one of these in after C19 hit last year and got a great price. I'm at about 650 miles now with three trips to Moab UT under the belt. I started running 35" tires this last spring and had the ECU tuned and some new clutch weights added. I also added a EMP roof, the Kawasaki tire carrier, a Tusk tailgate, An 30" LED lightbar, 4" LED pods on the lower mid section, a winch and front bumper and the Tusk full UHMW skid plate.

I am simply amazed at how easy the maintenance is on these. Oil changes are a breeze and everything is very accessible. The belt changes take 15 minutes tops. Kawasaki did an excellent job with the thought and detail of this machine. I do sometimes wish I had a little more power but the reality is that I most likely couldn't use it where we ride primarily anyway. That being said, IF Kawi ever does come out with a turbo or supercharged model I would have to take a good hard look at it.

And if anyone is curious, the 35's fit with zero rubbing and the ECU and clutch weights made up for the power loss for the bigger tires. Moab is 90% of where we ride and this machine is a rock crawling dream. The power deliver and clutching is better than anything I have ridden in. 60 mph whoops is nothing for these and it feels more stable the faster you go.

I am debating buying one of these and i am a fairly avid reader on the FB forums.

Known issues- Belt Grooving. Clutch Weight Wear. Fuel Gauge doesnt work..have to modify it. Spring Sag within a few hundred miles. CV axle issues.

Fixes-
Belt Grooving- change to aftermarket belt that is softer.
Clutch Weight Wear- If you dont go above 50mph they will last a long time. If you go above 50mph for long periods they will wear out quickly.
Spring Sag- buy aftermarket springs.
CV axle issues- they have been popping out.. so the dealer installs new ones.

Each CV axle has a different part number which is kinda not cool.

Lots of people are running those and other brands around here. What would it cost to fix up an older pick up to do the same thing? $21,000.00 is pricy for a toy.
I have driven the neighbors and they are fun to drive though I would have a hard time writing the check.

Last edited:
Back