Krown Rust Protection Spray

I ordered a six pack of Krown rust protection spray. It’s the second time I’ve done this. Krown is popular in Canada and the spray is a yearly applied product. This year I was pleasantly surprised the cans have an “Inverta spray” nozzle on it so it can dispense upside down and sideways making it easier to apply while crawling underneath the vehicle. Here is a pic of the old product along with the new one. I found the product I applied last year is still present. A good test of the product was on my trailer hitch. It was rusting each year and I would hit it with black rust paint. The rust would return in the spring. Last year I did the paint job again, then sprayed it with Krown. The rust did not come back. There are plenty of products out there but this one works for me. About 10 bucks a can. Enjoy.

08656A42-A692-4E2E-A8AB-E4CB336DD48C.jpeg

I've personally never had KROWN/Rust Check/Fluid Film done on any vehicle but, I should.
KROWN seem to be slow to grab attention here in the states. There are a few shops that spray it on but, we just don't hear of many.

There are those who are aware of it and others not so much. $10/can is about the price of Fluid Film as well or ~$40/gal. The gallon is the better buy and it's really thick/heavy and need to be cut/diluted with mineral spirits.

I ordered a six pack of Krown rust protection spray. It’s the second time I’ve done this. Krown is popular in Canada and the spray is a yearly applied product. This year I was pleasantly surprised the cans have an “Inverta spray” nozzle on it so it can dispense upside down and sideways making it easier to apply while crawling underneath the vehicle. Here is a pic of the old product along with the new one. I found the product I applied last year is still present. A good test of the product was on my trailer hitch. It was rusting each year and I would hit it with black rust paint. The rust would return in the spring. Last year I did the paint job again, then sprayed it with Krown. The rust did not come back. There are plenty of products out there but this one works for me. About 10 bucks a can. Enjoy.

View attachment 26056

Do you order it online or just pick it up from a local Krown shop?

My both cars in my sig are treated with krown...
Here: https://www.tri-krone.si/en/

LCs chassis when I got it was all in rust...after treated with Krown for two years in a row....whenever we are doing upgrades or maintenance works....not a, single bolt gets stripped...

I've personally never had KROWN/Rust Check/Fluid Film done on any vehicle but, I should.
KROWN seem to be slow to grab attention here in the states. There are a few shops that spray it on but, we just don't hear of many.

There are those who are aware of it and others not so much. $10/can is about the price of Fluid Film as well or ~$40/gal. The gallon is the better buy and it's really thick/heavy and need to be cut/diluted with mineral spirits.

I've sprayed my vehicles with Fluid Film the past two years. I buy it in the gallon cans and mix it with a paint mixer drill bit. After a couple of minutes, it thins out nicely. I purchased this spray gun (https://www.kellsportproducts.com/Woolwax®-Pro-Undercoating-Gun_p_16.html) and it works well, without having to be diluted.

Interesting. So is the spray pattern better/different?
The spray pattern is about the same. The main thing is to have the end of the spray tube at least a foot away to let the droplets spread, otherwise gobs of it hit the area and you are essentially wasting it. Most importantly, you can spray with the can at any angle.

Last edited:
I used to order rustproof compound by the quarter barrel. I like to spray it on thick. I once used 5 gals of compound to rustproof a vehicle.

I use this every fall. It lasts atleast a year for me.

Back