Kroil Oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I read this Kroil post. I never heard of it before but I ordered a gallon based on the info here. Put some in an oil can and some in a 'do it yourself' aeresol bottle from Harbor Freight. Wow does that stuff work good! Just a couple drops and it frees and cleans stuff right up. I figured I'd go with the gallon since it's a good value then I can just refill my own aeresol can.
-Louis
patriot.gif

I can't add much that has not already been said. I've used it for years and without a doubt it's the best. When your in the heat of battle out in the garage the cost is secondary.

And when you order it on-line put in a company name like Ray's car shop. It takes a few weeks to get it, but if you buy a gallon it will last many moons.

I went with just the plain old Kroil; I think it might be the most versatile.

Some of their other products such as SiliKroil say 'Kroil plus silicone' or something like that, or Kroil plus graphite, to which I figure if I want to try something like that I'll spray silicone or graphite and then spray Kroil on top of it.

I've found Kroil works very well in an oil can as usually I want to place a few drops on a bolt rather than spraying it all over the place.

And at $21 for a gallon it is expensive ; or is it ??
Another man mentioned the same thing I was thinking of; place some in a HF aerosol can - the cost per can will be about the same as the limited use WD40.
For penetrating this Kroil may be the best..

For lubricating, this depends on many things..
There is no "best".

Liquid Wrench seems to be OK

For cleaning metal, WD40 is very good.

Note that Walmart sells WD40 (and Fram filters); the John Deere dealer sells the KRoil...

Walmart sells minimal quality at the lowest price.

I think I saw on Kano's site that a few drops of Kroil in air tools helps speed them up and clean them out. I put a squirt of Kroil in my air hydraulic floor jack last night and it about doubled in speed right after that. Awesome!

Microil?

Is it a lubricant, cleaner, or both?

I've yet to try Kroil, but I've had a number of friends who own Kimber .45s recommend it as a bore cleaner, i.e., run a patch with Kroil down the bore, let it sit for a minute or so, then use a regular bore cleaner. Supposedly, it really lifts the "crap" out of the lands and grooves.

How many here have bought kroil oil or its varieties direct (there is a LARGE price difference)as consumers, though claiming to be businesses or industrial entities?

Id like to buy kroil gallons, but are not sure if theyll give me a hard time.

Thanks,

JMH

Lots of precision shooters use Kroil to clean their weapons. Some will run a patch or two down the bore, let it sit and then the junk just comes right out. Seems Kroil gets under the fouling between the fouling and the barrel steel. Many shooters will use Kroil 50/50 with their favorite bore cleaner.

You may be able to find a small 8 ounce can of Kroil at some shooting stores; I recently saw it at Cabalas and Scheels for about $6.

KELLY

Been doing the 50/50 mix of Kroil and Butch's Bore Shine for years to clean weapon barrels. Best bore cleaner there is. Kroil is well worth the money. Just the simple fact that you have to use less of it saves money.

Quote:

How many here have bought kroil oil or its varieties direct (there is a LARGE price difference)as consumers, though claiming to be businesses or industrial entities?

Id like to buy kroil gallons, but are not sure if theyll give me a hard time.

Thanks,

JMH

All you need to put down is something like your name and enterprize...like JHZR2 Enterprize and that will work.

Anyone know how much they charge for shipping? I tried from kanolabs.com and it looks like they don't tell you until you pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back