KPVD Eerily Deserted

Took this pic Thursday afternoon. I was safety pilot for a friend learning a new airplane and, with minimal commercial activity, we went over to Providence TF Greene for practice. It was downright weird seeing the terminal like this; almost deserted with all the jetways to nothing except for one airliner and a smaller jet that was undergoing some work at a gate. Rush hour on a Summer Thursday, a major regional airport and nothing going on except for us and a RI ANG Hercules practicing approaches.

First thing that came to mind was a scene out of The Langoliers....

[Linked Image]

yeah pretty odd looking but I think things will get back to at least somewhat normal soon

New Cirrus. Friend is a charter pilot and was familiarizing himself w/ the different panel before revenue flights. I'm a steam gauges and aluminum guy, but this is quite an impressive airplane.

You guys know your planes pretty well. I was going to guess that is a Cirrus wing in the photo.

It is sad to see all the airline airports so slow. I hope for a speedy recovery for the airlines and the rest of the economy.

I am normally under the wing of a Piper J-3 or Super Cub wing. The Cirrus is like a personal airliner, or a winged Lexus or Mercedes S class car.

Kind of like the no-fly after 9-11. Where I lived near Seattle we were bounded by Seatac, McChord AFB, Boeing field and about 4 smaller airstrips. Always plane's in the air until that time. Spooky how quiet it was.

Back