Kodak EasyShare software

Status
Not open for further replies.
We downloaded this 60MB file. It looks awesome but we don't know how to use it. Any BITOGER's know much about this sw which Kodak obviously put a huge amount of effort into?

I hate Kodak's Easyshare software. I got a Kodak Easyshare C330 for Xmas, and of course this software came with it. I had numerous problems with it crashing while transferring pictures, problems with getting the program to recognize that I even had the camera plugged in, so on so forth. It was very annoying. I found out Kodak released a patch for the program so I downloaded it and installed. So far, all those problems have gone away. I still don't care much for it though, too clunky and bloated for my tastes, as all I use it for is transferring pics off the camera to my PC. Oh, I have a rant too. Why is it that a 150 dollar (about what it cost at Xmas) camera from a reputable company doesn't have a mass storage driver, while my cheap 50 dollar unknown chinese brand camera does?

I installed the program some time back. It did something awful to both of my computers at home and at work. I uninstalled it and never looked back.

quote:

Originally posted by 55:
I hate Kodak's Easyshare software. I got a Kodak Easyshare C330 for Xmas, and of course this software came with it. I had numerous problems with it crashing while transferring pictures, problems with getting the program to recognize that I even had the camera plugged in, so on so forth. It was very annoying. I found out Kodak released a patch for the program so I downloaded it and installed. So far, all those problems have gone away. I still don't care much for it though, too clunky and bloated for my tastes, as all I use it for is transferring pics off the camera to my PC. Oh, I have a rant too. Why is it that a 150 dollar (about what it cost at Xmas) camera from a reputable company doesn't have a mass storage driver, while my cheap 50 dollar unknown chinese brand camera does?

55, have you tried just plugging the Xmas camera into your USB port and letting Windows find it? Or it that doen't work using the Windows file manager to find the camera and copy your pictures toi your hard drive?

You're better off staying away from camera specific software/drivers to move pictures from your camera to computer. The proprietary stuff usually does puts your pictiures in strange directories or other wierd stuff that makes it hard to keep track of your pictures when you get another camera.

Used sw removal in Control panel, used remove and up came Easyshare uninstall wizard which removed the 68MB horror, then reboot and run CCleaner then Amust Registry Cleaner 3 which found 165 issues which it fixed, then ran the Amust reg Compact feature wich defragged the registry and removed 8% of it's size and finished with a O&O Defrag. Manually removed the Easyshare sw folder in Program Files. You wouldn't know it was ever loaded. Amust RC3 is magic! you run Windows it's A must

I use JASC Paint Shop (for more complex stuff) and the software that came with my Konica Minolta camera ("Dimage viewer" : for simple stuff).
They both work pretty well.

Picasa came on my new laptop, but it always running on start up and connecting to the internet annoyed me, so I disabled it. (didn't uninstall it. never tried to do anything with it, either...might try it sometime..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back