Klondike 2 stroke oil

Curious if anyone has used this Klondike synthetic 2 stroke oil before? It’s just over $10/litre on Canadian amazon so it’s among the cheapest FD oil available to Canadians. I’m thinking of ordering a jug to use in my lawn business.

Attachments

• 3047C501-7BF1-4D03-BEEE-2B40042261D9.jpeg
    3047C501-7BF1-4D03-BEEE-2B40042261D9.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 38
This oil isn't on the JASO approvals list and I doubt there is a approval number on the container if that sort of thing matters to you.

I noticed that. Strangely neither is Shell advance Ultra which claims to be FD. Actually pretty well any oil I’ve ever seen up here claiming a jaso rating doesn’t appear on the official list.

Now I’m noticing many of the common 2 stroke oils that carry an FD on the label aren’t on the official list. Lucas Semi Synthetic, Ipone snow racing 2, anything made by Shell, all of the Canadian Tire oils. Do these companies have to pay an annual fee to stay on the list? Maybe companies get oils rated and then don’t pay the annual fee. Is there no law or regulation governing what rating a company can print on its label?

Now I’m noticing many of the common 2 stroke oils that carry an FD on the label aren’t on the official list. Lucas Semi Synthetic, Ipone snow racing 2, anything made by Shell, all of the Canadian Tire oils. Do these companies have to pay an annual fee to stay on the list? Maybe companies get oils rated and then don’t pay the annual fee. Is there no law or regulation governing what rating a company can print on its label?
There is no annual fee, only a 40,000 Yen (under $400) filing fee. If they are licensed they are supposed to mark the container in accordance with the JASO Implementation Manual but are not required to have it appear on the JASO list.

I would run it. I dont really worry much at all of a product is licensed. Klondike has been around a while and I can't remember who supplies their base oils or rather if they are just rebranded but. I had run a similar meets or exceeds oil, Federated Co-op XL-S semi synthetic that meets FD. I ran it in my saw, weedeater, sleds and other odds and ends. Worked fine and I have a litre still sitting around but I switched to Motomaster injector oil and run that in everything, which works fine.

Back