Kirkland signiture heavy duty 15-40w diesel oil

Hey guys i was looking into different diesel oils for my old 71 buick, and heard of the kirkland brand, anybody have experience with this oil and have a oil analysis? Im curious if its as good or better than rottela t4/t6

Kirkland 15w40 comes out to $10.99 per gallon. Supertech 15w40 is $9.97 per gallon. Likely the same stuff blended in the same "pot". I believe Warren is blender for both, correct me if I'm wrong. But Supertech is hard to beat on Price VS Performance. Works great in turbocharged applications. HUGE PROPS to mods and developers for the new search function, as it works wonderfully! Look up UOAs for ST 15w40, it is great all around oil. Kirkland will perform just as well, as it is most likely the same stuff, if you decide to run that.

a1f2eb0a-abff-4434-b1a2-84cba702132f_3.47e164ec8e07d4aae1661e2a39b56bd2.jpeg

Last edited:
Mobil Delvac 15W-40 is also $10.96/gallon at walmart....all mentioned before are also fine.

Hello! Just go to Walmart and buy the Supertech 15-w40 in the 2 gallon jug. It is a little cheaper that way. I think it is about 9.14 per gallon that way. I have seen some Costco's selling the Kirkland 15-w40 for 26.99 for 3 gallons in their stores however, so that might be a good option also. Good luck! Bill

shoot. I wanted to use this in my F250 but the label only has the "meets or exceeds" language for my spec. Boo Costco and warren

shoot. I wanted to use this in my F250 but the label only has the "meets or exceeds" language for my spec. Boo Costco and warren
Here you go. It should work fine in your F-250 as it meets or exceeds Ford's latest spec, WSS-M2C171-F1, along with so many others.

Back of Kirkland Signature.JPG

And the front:

Front of Kirkland Signature.JPG

Last edited:
Would Kirkland SAE 15w-40 work for my Mercedes Benz 1979 300sd (w116)?
Currently using Amsoil 5w-40 Diesel Oil but I do like switching the oils around, especially when there is a good deal.

I have a UOA on here somewhere from using Supertech under severe use. It came back pretty robust. I have used that or Travellers ever since.

Who is bottling Travelers these days? Specifically 15-40. It’s on sale right now. 2.5 gallon for $14.99. I heard in the past it was Warren but I heard they changed and can’t remember who it was. Martin maybe?

Who is bottling Travelers these days? Specifically 15-40. It’s on sale right now. 2.5 gallon for $14.99. I heard in the past it was Warren but I heard they changed and can’t remember who it was. Martin maybe?

Probably WPP. Buy a jug or quart and see if there is a WNE or WPP on bottom. I can’t find any info even doing a google search

I looked at the jug and it has SSI on the bottom but I checked Martins website and the description is almost word for word with what is on the Traveller jug. I requested an MSDS from TSC so maybe we will see.
I bought a 2.5 gallon jug of it. It has a small opening and will be a good container for my chainsaw gas when I get it empty. Someone said it smelled like Rotella but that’s not right. It definitely isn’t Rosmella. I also searched and couldn’t come up with a definite answer.

Last edited:
Back