Kirkland Signature now available in single quart 12 packs API SP

Looks like they are doing cases of 12 single quarts for all three types and mixed packs of both the single quarts and 5 qt jugs.

Looks like the box is 6 quarts, so they are probably shipping 2 of those. This 6 pack should go for around 15 or so if they have them in store. They jacked the price of M1 up even with the 10 off coupon that comes around. Got the last in store 5qt deal for the chevy lease.

Warren Distribution? Same oil as Supertech and Amazon I think. Price is comparable to those anyway. 5 quart jug of this at my Walmart is $15, so pretty close. Project farm did a video comparing these oils and the VOA's were nearly identical.

Looking between this (Kirkland) 0W-20 and the Idemitsu 0W-20. Both are SP, Kirkland is much cheaper.

Noticed the Kirkland one refers you to Warren for data sheet, and the Warren one is MAG1 oil... the MAG1 if identical to Kirkland has a higher VI but also worse Noack (13%) compared to the Idemitsu.

Thoughts?

Warren Distribution? Same oil as Supertech and Amazon I think. Price is comparable to those anyway. 5 quart jug of this at my Walmart is $15, so pretty close. Project farm did a video comparing these oils and the VOA's were nearly identical.
Yes. WM is 4 miles from the house and Costco is 75. Guess which one I use?

What is surprising is that the 12 qts are cheaper than the 3x 5 qt jugs they also sell but then they have another option of 4x 5 qt jugs that's even cheaper than the singles.

Do you have it delivered to your home? I don't like having large quantities of liquids delivered to my home.
All the time. I rarely buy motor oil in person.
Maybe once in the past 2 years?
Costco takes almost a week; Wally World offers 2 day shipping over $20 (or there abouts).
Amazon 2 days with Prime.
Online you get best selection and no in store hassle. Only way to fly.

One problem with Wally World: twice the conrainer leaked a little due to damage; they sent me replacements no questions asked.

One problem with Wally World: twice the conrainer leaked a little due to damage; they sent me replacements no questions asked.
This. I like to check the in store package for leakage or tampering. I'm retired so it's nice to get out of the house. And another issue is delivery people cannot seem to find my home so packages get delivered to neighbors. EZ-PZ.

Be interesting to see what happens going forward with the Kirkland, Supertech, Amazon and MAG1 oils as a whole now that Warren Distribution has been sold. Hmm.

Back