Kirkland 5W30 runs rougher in Xterra?

I drank the Kool aid, bought Costco Kirkland 5W30 10 quarts for $24.00 bucks. Had great ratings API Syn Plus, Dexos. Not as smooth ( Rev's and Idle)as Mobil 1 EP... In my VQ40DE in my 2nd Gen.. Anyone else use this stuff? Maybe I should dump it lol. Who knows maybe it's all in my head..:unsure:

looks like i better dump the Kirkland 0w20 with 100 miles on it that i just put in my RX350 last weekend o_O

Considering it is the same stuff as supertech from WM, it should be more than fine. Granted, a little noise won’t hurt anything...

I didn’t realize how noisy my 1.5 turbo in the Nox was until I dropped some QSUD in it at the last oil change. It made my engine much quiet than the dealer syn (Mobil) that was used before.......

Someone educate me on this subject, because I've heard it before. How does an engine run "rougher" on one brand of oil vs another?. The dynamics of an ICE aren't changed by a lubricant....at least as I understand it.

Serious question. Not stirring things up or being a smart a$$.

The only suitable solution is to drain the oil, once you have it drained, I will allow you to ship it to me for disposal and I will run it for a FULL OCI and see if it makes any difference in my engine. Does anyone else have a better idea? ;) (Side note: I am running the 0w-20 in my honda right now)

Since you changed from used oil to virgin oil how would you know the difference wasn't "new" oil as opposed to brand.

Many people "feel" a difference. Unfortunately nobody has been able to document a difference in blind replacement experiments using the same filter and similar aged oil of the same viscosity.

Back