Kirk Douglas is not dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on the plane this morning that People magazine had erroneously written his obituary. I have always liked him and so I poked around and found this. Very nice to see that he is still around at 97 (nearly 98) with a good sense of humor and seeing him and Michael together was nice...

Admins--not sure how to embed this one:

Kirk Douglas Interview (with Michael Douglas)

I recently saw the movie "And So it Goes," starring Michael Douglas. I think as he ages he looks more like his father. Kirk began life with a very Russian (Jewish) name and challenged some of the Hollywood stereotypes regarding his background. Very interesting stuff.

There is a study of false memories of celebrities deaths. Evidently a false memory of something that did not happen is a big problem. In the courtroom innocent people are convicted of crimes they did not commit. DNA evidence is freeing about 300 people of which three quarters of them were convicted solely on the eye witness testimony of victims.

Here is a link to a talk on the subject.
Link

Originally Posted By: Tuffy1760
My parents knew him going back to Amsterdam ny. Amsterdam at the time was a hopping place. They drove down there every weekend...

I had to google "hopping place"! I thought it might be a brewery or something.

The term doesn't read right for me .. It needs that verbal "hopping PLACE!"

Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back