Kirby Vacuum Repair - Parts Sites?

We have a Kirby vacuum cleaner handed down from grandparents.

G4 80th anniversary edition so early 1990s

What good repair & parts sites would be recommended assuming that one can buy Kirby parts & not required to go to a repair shop?
It makes quite a racket - figure it's the fan being destroyed...

Thanks,

If you have the sales invoice, you might be able to contact them first and ship it to Kirby's factory service center in Cleveland. They will completely rebuild it putting it in "brand new" condition for around $35. I have done it several times over the decades and it will shine like new. I live 15 miles away from them so I was able to drop mine off. Shipping it can be a pain. It is a lifetime courtesy they offer IF you have the receipt.

Here are a couple I have used in the past with success:

If you have the sales invoice, you might be able to contact them first and ship it to Kirby's factory service center in Cleveland. They will completely rebuild it putting it in "brand new" condition for around $35. I have done it several times over the decades and it will shine like new. I live 15 miles away from them so I was able to drop mine off. Shipping it can be a pain. It is a lifetime courtesy they offer IF you have the receipt.
It would be $300 for their rebuild program. Add shipping of $35-65 each way.

Here are a couple I have used in the past with success:

Yep, I'm familiar with those sites, but they don't sell vacuum parts.

I’m surprised you need repairs these things are tanks. My mom gave me her Kirby because it was too heavy on her shoulders. I expect it to last a couple millennia

We had a couple of Electrolux vacuums when I was a kid.

I remember a door-to-door vacuum salesman coming to the house, and I was allowed to sit and watch his spiel.

He must have been a pretty good salesman, because my parents ended up buying it to replace the older model Electrolux we had. I can remember the older one actually being a better vacuum.

Is Kirby better than Electrolux?

We had a couple of Electrolux vacuums when I was a kid.

I remember a door-to-door vacuum salesman coming to the house, and I was allowed to sit and watch his spiel.

He must have been a pretty good salesman, because my parents ended up buying it to replace the older model Electrolux we had. I can remember the older one actually being a better vacuum.

Is Kirby better than Electrolux?
I don't know, but we have just received a hand-me-down Electrolux as well while this Kirby is on the DL. It's an Epic Series 2500 SR s/n V30311R from around the same time period(?). It only works on one speed but still works. So, it will be next on the repair list.

It would be $300 for their rebuild program. Add shipping of $35-65 each way.
Nope. I have done it several times for around $35, as recent as last year if you send it to the right place. For $300, that is not the right place.I wasn't sure of what the freight charges would be. Good luck with your Kirby, it will last a lifetime. It is the best built vacuum out there.

I can’t recommend a specific place to get parts except to say anytime I needed a part. I just did a search online. I never had any trouble with any of the sites including eBay from what I remember.
I always was very careful to get official Kirby factory parts.
I see one site offers everything including the motor parts.
Over the last 15 years I only had to replace the shift drive mechanism, headlight, drive belt and roller brushes. I never went to a specific place online except to do a search.

It’s possible this was one of the places we ordered from https://evacuumstore.com/c-184-kirby-vacuum-parts.aspx

We originally bought the machine on eBay because we got a great price on it.

Last edited:
Back