Kind of a Bargin on High End Oil at Carquest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok it is no secret that I think Amsoil has lost it's marbles with it's current priceing and associated fee,shipping and tax. I have found one great way around this. I order my products from Carquest so if I want Pentosin or Redline that is where I go. I just order two quarts of MTL and bought the one bottle still on the shelf for a total of three quarts. Each quart with tax and everything out the door to me price was $10.50 no shipping you surecharge no prefered membership fee. I know for a fact that their is no way I could go to Amsoils corperate website or even one of the site sponsor's and get three bottles of Amsoil MTL delivered to my door for a price that would match. I think Amsoil makes great products but their not any better then Redline when it comes to Gear Lubes,MTL's, and ATF reguardless of their test resutls my field experince is spot on with Redline in everything from grocery getter's to Race car's to Corvettes to 4X4's not a single failure related to lubricant. If I want Pentonsin Coolant COncentrate I pay $10-$13 a liter for the concentrate all the commerical chemicals I use I can get their as well.They carry Amsoil and RP and WolfHEad and a host of other oils but the Amsoils and Royal purple are more expensive then Redline so why bother? SO anyone looking for great price's on Redline for instance should go to their local Carquest and check out what they can order and what they want for various things. I am sure priceing is going to be different at various stores since I think they are privately owned. Mine still has in house machine shop wich is nice.

There are some problems with Redline MTF in the Audi trans. This is coming from a top-contender in Touring Car Racing, StasiS Engineering.

Like what? What is the problem and causeing it that is unique to MTL? I ask because NEO,Motul,Torco and others use Ester based MTL's,ATF's and gear lubes so it can not be the base stock wich only leaves chemistry???? Even the VII in GC is a complex ester produced in Europe for high end gear lubes so that is why I am woundering what it is???? Just so you know I have no doubts that what you are saying is true just would like more info. I know some of the manual transmissions used in the Supra's also did not like synthetic gear lube but it was a small number of them.

Oh you have to admitt that $10.50 a quart for a 100% synthetic gear lube with cutting edge additive package is a great price! I mean Walmarts Synthetic Gear Lube is almost $10 and M1 synthetic is $10 at AutoZOne and other parts stores.So considering that was with tax and everything hard to beat! I am thinking about leting this fluid stay in use for at least 70k and then sampleing.

There are some places where you can order most Redline products online at $8.95/qt and not pay shipping above a certain amount. Bavarian Auto is one, free shipping over $150. Also some places offer a 10% case discount, though I don't know if any have that plus free shipping plus a low price. Locally I can get it for about the same or a bit more, plus tax. $10.50 does not sound cheap to me.

I just found a local car parts store that carries Redline, Amsoil, and Royal Purple. Their Amsoil is currently $9.58 for the 75w90 gear lube, I might pick some up for the next go-round in my truck.

glen if your think $10.50 is high take a look at Amsoil Corperate site on gear lube or look at M1 at AutoZOne or Advanced Auto Parts.Walmarts only Synthetic is their own in gear lubes and that is $10 a quart. This same plas wanted $2 more for AMsoil and $4 more for RP and this is the cheapest place in town for any of those other synthetics. $7 years ago I only paid $6.95 for any Redline product I wanted and shipping on say 24 quarts was about $16. Then you have places that sell Gl-4 Stabil for like $45 a quart.

Well maybe I need a wake-up call. If so it seems Redline is actually quite a bargain!

Should gear oil cost more than engine oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back