Kicking meth out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man has took some bad decisions in the past and paid for it.

Gets to show what can be achieved and how fast without all the politically correctness B.S. flying around these day...

Originally Posted By: BobFout
I had no idea meth was a problem outside the US too.

Yep, it's a problem for sure.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

If you think the meth problem is bad....just wait till the heroin epidemic hits.

I
Originally Posted By: Mantooth
Originally Posted By: Shannow

If you think the meth problem is bad....just wait till the heroin epidemic hits.

In some parts of the USA heroin is a bad problem.

I'd take the Heroin epidemic over Meth any day of the week.

We had the Heroin epidemic back in the late 80's. Sure, the crime is still there, but it was less about smashing skulls for $10 than breaking into unoccupied houses looking for cash/stuff to fence. Death toll of users was similar, but collateral damage was negligible by comparison.

Stop by your local ER and ask the nurses if they'd rather treat a hopped up Meth case or a heroin OD? Same with the police/ambos.

A heroin addict can be a functioning member of society for years (ever). Meth, not so much, and the collateral health damage is incomparable.

Originally Posted By: Brad_C

We had the Heroin epidemic back in the late 80's. Sure, the crime is still there, but it was less about smashing skulls for $10 than breaking into unoccupied houses looking for cash/stuff to fence. Death toll of users was similar, but collateral damage was negligible by comparison.

Stop by your local ER and ask the nurses if they'd rather treat a hopped up Meth case or a heroin OD? Same with the police/ambos.

A heroin addict can be a functioning member of society for years (ever). Meth, not so much, and the collateral health damage is incomparable.

I work in the public safety field for a large department. When I first started my career (many moons ago), crack cocaine was the big thing on the streets. A few years later, meth moved to town and we started seeing all the stationary and mobile labs pop up. I also witnessed the quick decline of people who became addicted and suffered the health consequences. While meth was in town, we also saw a spike in prescription drug abuse. Then heroin hit! I have never witnessed something put a strain on a system like heroin. Police, EMS and hospital ERs have been over taxed with the additional calls for service in dealing with heroin. Our EMS response times have soared simply because our trucks are constantly tied up with herion ODs. There are officers who have administered multiple narcan doses in a single shift and they have also saved the same person from ODing numerous times. Our crime rate has spike as well. Locally, we are one track for a record number of homicides. The PD has restructured twice in the past few years just to deal with the increase.

By no means I'm I trying to minimize the effects of meth, I've seen it and its bad. With heroin, I have never seen something rock the streets like it has.

I wish we'd just let the junkies kill themselves.

If there was ever a 911 call to hang up on, it's an overdose call.

Last edited:
A gal in my extended family was living with a meth cooker for quite some time...they never married so I was never related to him in a strict sense, but I did have to be around him from time to time. I never was excited about going to see them, but people in the family wanted to check in to make sure she was being treated tolerably and I guess I was supposed to be "muscle" or something in case things got hairy. Finally, her folks went to see her and found she had been beaten at some point, then her guy shot at them to get them to go away. The parents went to the local police with their story and were told that they should not visit the area if they did not want to find trouble...I would imagine that they were buddies or relatives of Mr. Girlfriend Beater, but were also honestly acknowledging that they did not have control of the local situation.
Not long after, meth man dropped the GF off at her folks' house (with more bruises) because he said she was driving him nuts, then he died under unknown circumstances not too long afterwards. I can't say the world is worse off with him out of the picture...if you've ever seen the movie "Winter's Bone" with a young Jennifer Lawrence, you know very much what my experience with the Southern Ozarks of Missouri was like. I'm hoping that I saw the worst of it and there are much nicer towns and folks in the area, but I'm not jonesing to go back.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

just do an open season. Duterte them.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

Sad but true. If they required drug checks for handouts and a reasonable copay for ems services, some of this might fix itself.

It's sad that it's somebody's kid. Every one of these junkies was somebody's baby. But beyond a point what can anyone, or even society as a whole do? At some point, personal responsibility comes into play 110%.

I work in the public safety field for a large department. When I first started my career (many moons ago), crack cocaine was the big thing on the streets. A few years later, meth moved to town and we started seeing all the stationary and mobile labs pop up. I also witnessed the quick decline of people who became addicted and suffered the health consequences. While meth was in town, we also saw a spike in prescription drug abuse. Then heroin hit! I have never witnessed something put a strain on a system like heroin. Police, EMS and hospital ERs have been over taxed with the additional calls for service in dealing with heroin. Our EMS response times have soared simply because our trucks are constantly tied up with herion ODs. There are officers who have administered multiple narcan doses in a single shift and they have also saved the same person from ODing numerous times. Our crime rate has spike as well. Locally, we are one track for a record number of homicides. The PD has restructured twice in the past few years just to deal with the increase.

By no means I'm I trying to minimize the effects of meth, I've seen it and its bad. With heroin, I have never seen something rock the streets like it has.
Job security?
But when will the point come when the stupid uninformed taxpayers [the kinda responsible people] wake up and get tired of having to pay for the [not responsible] people.

+1 on that, sir. I'll take mellow zombies over maniacally violent zombies every day.

Fentanyl and Fentanyl plus are picking up steam in certain groups here. Such powerful drugs, the difference in OD or not is measured in single grains (like a sand grain) of the substance. W-18 is hot on its heels at 10,000x stronger than morphine. The counter-drug in overdose kits are starting to be inadequate to deal with concentrations of these 'new' players.

People recover from drug addiction, sometimes its with a lot of help, 100% of the time the user has to make that change.

In 2014, 47,055 people died from drug overdoses in the U.S. I didn't know any of them.

Last edited:
Heroin and Meth are the biggest problems here in Western Washington especially Kitsap and Mason counties. It really sucks. I feel like nothing is done to try and stop it. Local police don't have a handle on it and are more worried about speeders and parking infractions.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Heroin and Meth are the biggest problems here in Western Washington especially Kitsap and Mason counties. It really sucks. I feel like nothing is done to try and stop it. Local police don't have a handle on it and are more worried about speeders and parking infractions.

I saw a documentary about heroin use out in public sidewalks of the Tenderloin District in San Francisco and cops really don't care to get involved. Let the people running the city turn it into a drug haven. If I were a SF cop I would only care about collecting a pay check, nothing else. It's 100% the city's fault for allowing it.

If I was younger I would buy a Harley Davidson and join an outlaw biker gang that's manufacturing and distributing Meth...
Little do they know I'm undercover with the DEA to infiltrate the biker gang and take them all down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back