KIA Sportage in, Hyundai Sonata out, but still in family

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Brother's 2004 350z bit the dust on his last drive up to N.Carolina (yes, and i don't know why). He's been looking for something 4dr and pre-owned so i sold him my Sonata. I've been eyeing a few SUV/CUZ for a while now...Sportage and CX-5 topped my list after driving a few models. Picked the Sportage. Copper exterior/black cloth interior/AWD. Everyone's happy.

Pics tomorrow since already dark outside.

Congrats on your new Sportage. Those are really nice looking. The front grill sets it apart from the rest of the herd.

The 2.4 is a proven engine. I was considering a Sportage last year but the top trim had the 2.0 TGDI engine which had some LSPI issues.

Hope you post pics tomorrow.

Lots of luck
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks guys, will do. Pim Tac, i thought long and hard about getting that 2.0T but my better judgment shone through. After driving the 2.4, i was satisfied 180hp is enough.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Thanks guys, will do. Pim Tac, i thought long and hard about getting that 2.0T but my better judgment shone through. After driving the 2.4, i was satisfied 180hp is enough.

I do like the ice cube style fog lights on the turbo model. I’ve been seeing quite a few new Sportage running around here. It’s a good seller.

Very good deal Wemay
smile.gif

However.... You could always use more ponies I say
lol.gif

Hopefully your bro takes good care of the car ye got from you.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Very good deal Wemay
smile.gif

However.... You could always use more ponies I say
lol.gif

Hopefully your bro takes good care of the car ye got from you.

Lol, yes but enough was never "enough" back when it was higher on my priorities list.

I'm sure he'll take care of the Sonata. At least as well as any avg consumer not obsessing over it like us bitogers.

That's really nice! I helped my daughter by her first new car a couple years ago, we both really liked the Sportage but in the end she bought the Soul because of price. It's been a really good car too.

Enjoy!

Originally Posted By: wemay
Picked the Sportage.

Congrats!

Between the Sonata and the Sportage, I think I'd prefer the Sonata, but with a little kid in the family, I can certainly understand.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back