Kia is on a roll...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
They should've tuned it more like the Evo's. It didn't behave much like any turbo 4 I've ever driven.
Now they can't go looking like a Mitsu now can they?
LOL.gif

Quote:

It's called 'Reverse Engineering' and has been done for many years. It can be done quickly, efficiently, and does 'teach' how things are made.

This applies to design only. Disassembling an engine doesn't show the manufacturing processes that created it or how it was balanced. Quality is not just design.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

It's called 'Reverse Engineering' and has been done for many years. It can be done quickly, efficiently, and does 'teach' how things are made.

This applies to design only. Disassembling an engine doesn't show the manufacturing processes that created it or how it was balanced. Quality is not just design.

Once you reverse-engineer an item and see how an object is made, the "hows and why's" of manufacturing it become apparent.

reverse engineer (verb):

"To derive or duplicate the design, technical specifications, manufacturing methods, or functionality of an object by studying an existing product, prototype, etc.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/reverse-engineer

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Can you eat a cake (or some Neiman Marcuss cookies
smirk2.gif
) and reverse engineer it down to the original recipe?

Yes. She's called the Recipe Detective (Gloria Pitzer).

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
So Kia has a plant in Georgia USA now? I did not know that. Says they're going to build the 2011 Sorento there as well as the new model changed Sportage. So KIA's will be American made.

Yep, dad's Chevy is Canadian, and mom's Hyundai is American. Gotta love "supporting the US Economy"

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
She already complained about the way it rides because she said she fells every bump in the road in it.

Did she not test drive it before she signed the papers?

She drove a demo for a short but says this one rides worse..She prabably didn't drive the demo long enough.

I told her to get a V6 on what ever car she got if she had that option as you always have the load of the a/c being on 12 months a year down here in the jungle.

This might sound stupid,but check the tire pressure for her.My first new car had something like 48 psi in the tires when I checked it and I`m talking cold psi.(It was supposed to be 35 psi)

Last edited:
I'll take a Ford over a KIA any day, in fact I don't ever see myself buying a KIA or their parent car. I know quality has changed but no way for me. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back