Kia 0w-20 OE fill 6k miles and subsequent PUP 6k miles; 2021 Kia Niro

I wasn't aware of Honda's stance on dumping break in oil.
Honda's owner manual would give information on changing it early if it was necessary. Or they would program the MM to prompt an early oil change for the 1st one. Honda's engineers know that changing it early is not necessary so they don't tell owners to do it.

I found a lot of general advice on wear metals floating around and the like.
See above

Last edited:
Your fuel dilution is pretty high compared to a lot of other UOA's I've seen.
Interesting, I did a little more idling than usual but I don't recall exactly. I'll keep tabs on this.
Honda's owner manual would give information on changing it early if it was necessary. Or they would program the MM to prompt an early oil change for the 1st one. Honda's engineers know that changing it early is not necessary so they don't tell owners to do it.
Greed, just being extra proactive.

Oh man, I wasn't aware of Honda's stance on dumping break in oil. From my research it sounded like it was the same oil as off the shelf at the dealer and couldn't find anything to discourage me from an early OC at 2400. I found a lot of general advice on wear metals floating around and the like.

1st official oil change was at 8392 miles using Honda Ultimate Full Synthetic. Moly is indeed super high. Even have some barium, possibly from assembly lube?

What damage or lack thereof could the engine have suffered in this case? 21 Honda Pilot 3.5l

View attachment 91124
I'm sure it's fine, and you are getting the break in metals out of there.

Back