Keyless entry targeted by thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense to me. At least if your vehicle is entered in this fashion you have no damage to the door or steering column! 8-D

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
I find driving a vehicle no one wants an effective theft deterrent.

Or one that doesn't have PRNDL on the shifter
smile.gif

Maybe they have different rules in the UK, but here I think if the vehicle is stolen, it's still covered. I like having it on my car, never have to reach into my pocket for the keys, just pull the door handle and the car opens, hit the start button and you're off. I remember years ago when my car was stolen when all it took was a key or screwdriver, I filled out the police report and there were check boxes for doors unlocked, keys in the ignition. If they have to ask, I'm sure there are those that are stolen and the keys and doors are unlocked.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
I find driving a vehicle no one wants an effective theft deterrent.

#tauruslife
grin.gif

I don't see how they're beating rolling codes, but when there's a will, there's a way.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
I remember years ago when my car was stolen when all it took was a key or screwdriver, I filled out the police report and there were check boxes for doors unlocked, keys in the ignition. If they have to ask, I'm sure there are those that are stolen and the keys and doors are unlocked.

Sort of off-topic, but the local news around here makes a big deal every few weeks about the latest rash of car robberies in one neighborhood or another. Somebody goes through and steals backpacks, purses, electronics, and even a pistol in the latest one. Almost as an afterthought, almost every time, they mention that the cars were unlocked.

Maybe I'm funny that way, but even when I drove a Duster with half the paint weathered off and melted speaker grilles on the rear deck I would lock the doors. Of course, it also had a manual choke and you had to know the "combination" to start it.

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic
Almost as an afterthought, almost every time, they mention that the cars were unlocked.

In small town Saskatchewan, there is simply no playing with high tech stuff or even screwdrivers. There are more than enough vehicles unlocked with they keys inside for the punks to be choosy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back