Keyboard hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go to Bikeforums.net and as of last couple weeks my keyboard misses characters constantly at that site only. I run Kasperskey 2015 Internet Security and Windows Defender, no reported issues. Both are updated daily.
Any tips?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Change your DNS server to Googles Public DNS.

Yeah, and wait 30 minutes after eating before going into the water.

Do you have an explanation of why this is a suggestion?

DNS poisoning?

Originally Posted By: cjcride
I go to Bikeforums.net and as of last couple weeks my keyboard misses characters constantly at that site only. I run Kasperskey 2015 Internet Security and Windows Defender, no reported issues. Both are updated daily.
Any tips?

Are you 100% sure it happens only at that site? i.e. it's not that somehow you just type different words/characters at that site?

How old is the keyboard?

Some anti-virus programs have built in anti-keyloggers. They don't play well with everything. See if you anti-virus has one and if so try and disable it.

Originally Posted By: rationull
Any tips?

Are you 100% sure it happens only at that site? i.e. it's not that somehow you just type different words/characters at that site?

How old is the keyboard?
This happens if I access with my laptop or my desktop. It is something involving that site only.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

DNS poisoning?

Researching DNS poisoning.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Some anti-virus programs have built in anti-keyloggers. They don't play well with everything. See if you anti-virus has one and if so try and disable it.

This stuff started about 2 weeks ago, I've had Kasperskey for a couple years with no problems. I bank online so if it is a key logger protection I'm reluctant to disable it.

Update: I signed out of the site, deleted the site from my favorites list, cleared cookies. Rebooted the computer and signed back in fresh and the keyboard problem is gone. The site loads quicker now with less ads too.

Thanks guys

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

DNS poisoning?

Researching DNS poisoning.

Sorry, I wasn't really suggesting that as a cause. I was asking why someone suggested changing DNS as having 'anything' to do with this.

I appreciate it. The car doesn't baffle me like the computer stuff does.
That said I learned a bit by Googling the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back