Keto diet - protein, carb, fat ratios question

Originally Posted by JimPghPA
Originally Posted by JustinH
Originally Posted by Ded Mazai
How are you going to select food based on your ratios? Any food which is high in fat may contain high amounts of carbs or protein. And if you are going to eat only 5% of carbs (which is hardly possible anyway) means you will never eat any vegetables, fruit or bread. It's a reliable way to die, in my opinion. What are you going to achieve? Loose weight?

Net carbs are used.

Therefore you can eat pretty much unlimited vegetables.

Actual carbs minus dietary fiber equals net carbs.

I lived on mostly meat and veggies, and nuts for several years. Never felt better, and had ideal blood work to show it.

Actually it is carbs minus ((dietary fiber - 5) divided by 2) = net carbs.

I've seen the formula total carbs minus dietary fiber minus (sugar alcohols divided by 2) =net carbs.

WHATEVER WORKS!! the real pandemic today is obesity + all the issues it creates. a quick look at food shoppers + their carts full of the junk thats killing them tells the story!! DR Ken D Berry MD has a lot of great you tubes + is hardcore Keto. in reality cutting carbs as well as food intake works. fasting is also said to be very beneficial as Jason Fung notes in his curing diabetics!! lots of little things help, as 4 grams of sugar = a teaspoon!! juices are almost as bad as soda!! not eating or drinking anything but water or bullet proof coffee after your last meal works. whatever we consume actives an insulin response but simple carbs that quickly turn to sugar is worse, causing an insulin response + when our pancreas peters out from overuse you have type II diabetes caused by YOU!!!!

Originally Posted by JustinH
I lost about 60 pounds on keto a few years back, slowly gained it all back when I went off the diet.

Now I am two weeks in and back on it.

I do not count calories or macros. I focus on 20 net grams of carbs per day or less.

Also half my body weight in water in ounces per day.

No booze, no sugar, no grains.

Here's an example of what I'm eating today.

Wake up, drink 40 ounces of water and cup of black coffee.

Lunch egg salad with 4 hardboiled eggs, mayo, and cut up ham. Serve on lettuce with cut carrots. 40 ounces of water.

Dinner 2-3 grilled boneless pork chops with bag of riced cauliflower. 40 ounces of water.

Snack is sugar free orange metamucil with 20 ounces of water.

2 diet Dr Pepper's during the day.

I would go for a tape worm test.

Last edited:
Back