Ketjenlube Polymer Esters Dithiocarbamates Di-este

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to laugh at their website.... "proudly located in Detriot, MI... the Motor City" but not that of spell checkers.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Already discussed on at least three threads, see HyperLube Zinc Replacement.

Yes Doc, I read your intellectual thoughts and decided to do some further research. I'm a visual learner, so the charts and graphs helped.

As Einstein stated: The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.

How many people on BITOG would be interested in obtaining this additive? Just a late night thought.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: MotoTribologist
I'm not aware of any place you can buy Ketjenlube products OTC.

As with many chemical and additive companies I have to prove that I am qualified to use and handle it.

Here's one of the problems: Chemical and additive companies are very sensitive to proper use and handling of these chemicals because of possible litigation from misuse.

JAG, Good to know. You are one of a handful of people whom I listen to on this board. I even read some of your older posts.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: JAG
I use Hy-per Lube’s polymer ester.

I have it sitting here waiting to try in one of my vehicles and get a UOA for comparison. I was planning on adding 1 ounce/quart. What is the dose you used? Thanks.

Thanks Pajero.
Demarpaint, I used the recommended treat rate. I can’t remember what it is. I’ll be interested in your UOA.

Originally Posted By: JAG
Thanks Pajero.
Demarpaint, I used the recommended treat rate. I can’t remember what it is. I’ll be interested in your UOA.

Thanks for the reply. The UOA won't be for a while. IIRC Molakule suggested 1 ounce/quart of oil a while back, now I'm not sure. I was thinking of trying that. The good news is I have time to figure out the dose I want to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back