Kentucky Speedway..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting Lineup >>>>>

Is E.Jones going to give these guy a run for there money?

1) Martin Truex Jr.

2) Erik Jones

3) Kevin Harvick

4) Brad Keselowski

5) Kyle Busch

6) Paul Menard

7) Ryan Blaney

8) Clint Bowyer

9) Kurt Busch

10) Ryan Newman

Really felt it was another uneventful race with a predictable outcome. They need to bulldoze most of these tracks that do not
allow passing or loosen the rule packages to put the car back in the hands of the drivers and crew chief. The stands were no
where close to half filled again so something needs to change. Just my opinion.

Originally Posted By: bruckus
Really felt it was another uneventful race with a predictable outcome...... The stands were no
where close to half filled again so something needs to change.

Both are becoming quite common in NASCAR.

Really felt it was another uneventful race with a predictable outcome. They need to bulldoze most of these tracks that do not
allow passing or loosen the rule packages to put the car back in the hands of the drivers and crew chief. The stands were no
where close to half filled again so something needs to change. Just my opinion.

France family no longer cares about NASCAR.

They need to sell the business their father built before it goes bankrupt and no fans watching.

Originally Posted By: Charlie2015
Super boring race. I wish every race was like Daytona.

Yea....I wish they were all like Daytona too. But sponsors aren't gonna replace an entire car every race.

I didn't get to watch all of the race, was at a bbq/bachelor party.

As far as replacing the car every race, on they Cup level that is pretty normal procedure for most teams. They bring the car back, take the body off, rebuild everything, and put on a new body in prepping for the next race that car will be used.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
They need to sell the business their father built before it goes bankrupt and no fans watching.

Word is they're trying to.... No takers. Tough to sell a business on the downside.

The stands were nowhere close to half filled again so something needs to change. Just my opinion.

Admittedly I don't watch/follow NASCAR at all, but I wonder if the temperatures in the high 90s with heat indexes over 100º had anything to do with this.

Also, the first year they had this race I-71 basically ground to a halt middle-of-nowhere Sparta wasn't designed to handle that kind of traffic. They did completely rebuild the exit to better handle the traffic(for one day a year), but I know a BUNCH of people who refuse to never get near the race again after the first year. There were a lot of people still sitting on the interstate waiting to get in when the race ended(the first year)..

Originally Posted By: bunnspecial
Admittedly I don't watch/follow NASCAR at all, but I wonder if the temperatures in the high 90s with heat indexes over 100º had anything to do with this.

Heat is absolutely a factor. Tickets are pricey, but not obscene compared to like some concert tickets. Where people get screwed is hotels. Jacked up nightly rates with minimum night stays make something people can usually swing into something they can't afford. I'm lucky, my "home track" is Auto Club/Fontana which is maybe 2.5 hours drive. The race usually starts around 12, I leave my house at 7 to give myself some time to get in and cruise the fan area before settling in. Then when we leave I usually go to the Bass Pro for a bit to let the traffic thin out before leaving.

The weather in the south is always hot and humid in the Summer. And hotels have always jacked up the room prices during race weekends. (They did much the same along the Atlantic coast during the Moon Shots, and the Space Shuttle launches). That has never stopped them from filling the stands during the heyday of NASCAR. NASCAR is failing, no question about it. But it's not the weather, or hotel room prices that are the cause of it.

I disagree....

Hotels or motels charging $200+ a night for a 2 night minimum stay is a big deal...

When those same exact rooms were $100 or less the week before.

$400 is a lot of money to many people. Tickets, expensive hotel rooms, gas to get there, food which can be a bit high too... A weekend can easily run $1000-$1200 for a family. And that's a good chunk of change. For many people in this country.

And... Finally... The "economy" is not roses. Contrary to what things appear to be. Things are still not in a good place. The phony unemployment numbers are garbage. They were phony when the big ear non basketball playing champion was in a certain place. Those numbers are still not reliable. I don't believe things are as bad as 07-09. Not at all. But it's not what it should be or needs to be. Homes prices going up and up over the last 7 years. Yet income levels and pay scales still quite stable. That's bad math. Plus the same foolish actions that led to that big downturn... Have been started up again. The fun will be when that bursts again. No bueno.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I disagree.... Hotels or motels charging $200+ a night for a 2 night minimum stay is a big deal... When those same exact rooms were $100 or less the week before. $400 is a lot of money to many people.

It's all a matter of priorities, nothing more. Along with how bad they want it. People of average income think nothing of standing in line to pay $700 to $1,000 for the latest I-Phone. Along with $150.00 a month for service with all the bells and whistles. Which will all be obsolete in 2 years or less. Then they're back in line to do it all over again. When they could have spent 1/4 as much for a phone and service that would more than fulfill their needs. But they don't care about the money. They just want it.

Same with new cars. The more expensive options they pile on them, the more they want it. Even though they could find something for half the price that would do all they require. But instead they end up with huge monthly payments that could have easily been 50% less. But they want more. When you think about it, it has never been easier to separate people from their money than it is today. It's why so few have any in the first place. The savings rate for most working Americans today is pathetic.

Spending money on seeing a NASCAR race is no different. There are just fewer people who want to do it. The question them becomes why? A lot of it is because of what I've just outlined above. They've managed to blow what they have on other things. The other more important fact is the "racing" has become silly, boring, uneventful, and stupid. As the late B.B. King would say, The thrill is gone. The new I-Phone or SUV thrills them more, so that is where they spend their money. No matter how you cut it, NASCAR is no longer getting the job done. You can sleep at home watching it easier than you can in the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back