Kendall GT-1 Synth Blend 5w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got 6 qts for my 2000 XJ Cherokee 4.0. 165000 miles on the clock.

Never tried this brand before, But I was at my local Autozone and figured why not....Got a Bosh Premium Filter to go with it.

Going to run it for 5k and see how it works out.

K_GT1_HP_SB_LT_5W30_qt_FtS.jpg

Quote:
Never tried this brand before,
'zactly the same as the oil under the Conoco, Phillips, and 76 labels. All are good. When Kendall was independent it got the rep as being something especially good, or that's what I heard. These days it is just a marketing ploy...very good stuff, but not special.

I figured I'll try it for a 4-5k winter fill for the XJ, If I like it I might drop some in the 4.0 Ranger as well......

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
MC $4.99 qt
GT-1 $4.49 qt

Why not just go with a full synthetic for that price? Walmart has 5qt PP for $18.75, or QSUD for $20.50.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: volk06
Great oil made my Conoco Phillps. Should go 5k easy

+1

+2 Too bad AZ or Advance has not had this Kendall for a sale price or as part of an OC special. I bet lots of people would try it if the price were reasonable.

Originally Posted By: jagger
MC $4.99 qt
GT-1 $4.49 qt

Why not just go with a full synthetic for that price? Walmart has 5qt PP for $18.75, or QSUD for $20.50.

I don't shop at Walmart.
crazy2.gif

Used PP a lot in this little Jeep for years, Just wanted to try something different.

I really don't shop around for the best deal much, Just buy what I want usually...
21.gif

Just got 6 qts for my 2000 XJ Cherokee 4.0. 165000 miles on the clock.

Never tried this brand before, But I was at my local Autozone and figured why not....Got a Bosh Premium Filter to go with it.

Going to run it for 5k and see how it works out.

K_GT1_HP_SB_LT_5W30_qt_FtS.jpg

123Saab,

I'm currently running the full synthetic version in my 01' Durango and it's satisfied me well during the 3K service life. IF I could still get it I definitely would but my local PEP BOYS droped it from there shelf. For the asking price of just under $5/quart it's a winner in my book. If you can get it regularly from your AZ store then go for it. In addition to the filter I use Puralotor "PURE ONE" and that too has been fine.

Durango

The GT-1 is also on Amazon for around $50 for a case of 12 with free shipping. Its not a killer deal for me because I have Walmart and every parts store chain a few miles from my house but for you guys who live out in the sticks or really want this oil it makes sense.

FWIU....Tropic Arctic can be purchased at Sam's Club. Is this Tropic Arctic at Sam's Club the same as the Kendall LT?

I can get trop artic for 2.30/qt and kendall with LT for 3.29/qt

Originally Posted By: mongo161
FWIU....Tropic Arctic can be purchased at Sam's Club. Is this Tropic Arctic at Sam's Club the same as the Kendall LT?

I can get trop artic for 2.30/qt and kendall with LT for 3.29/qt

Trop Artic, not tropic arctic lol. No last i knew TA did not have titanium in it.

Well, It's in the Jeep now.

Time will tell how it works out, I'm sure it will be just fine tho.

I'll leave it in for 5k or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back