Kendall GT-1 Blend 5W-30 w/o asking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Yesterday it appears I picked up a roofing nail in one of my tires. So this morning I visit my local FIRESTONE for a tire replacement. Before dropping it off, I picked up a couple H/K oil filters at Walmart that was on the same route.

I just picked up the Sportage and the receipt shows the tire service as discussed but also an oil change ("at no cost to customer"). The Service Advisor apologized, stating the Tech saw the oil filter on the seat and erroneously believed it was there for an oil change. They also offered to pay for the filter. This has now happened to me twice at different establishments but these guys were very standup...

I would typically be upset but the approach taken by this independently owned FS left me satisfied. I let them know it isn't a problem at all and thanked them for being upfront and fair.

This FS still uses Kendall, which if I could find for a good price, I would use. You can see the cases in the bay area, as opposed to the chain FS which now use SOPUS. Their oil change price is normally $19.99 with this oil and a FS (Champion) filter.

Last edited:
That would make me a loyal customer as long as that management/owner was doing business there. Honesty is top priority when looking for a shop.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
That would make me a loyal customer as long as that management/owner was doing business there. Honesty is top priority when looking for a shop.

My feelings to a T.

When interactions like this take place, I always find myself tearing up during the conversation. I love good businesses and I love good people! My morning is a little better just having heard about it.

I'd be won as a permanent customer as well.

Originally Posted by wemay
Yesterday it appears I picked up a roofing nail in one of my tires. So this morning I visit my local FIRESTONE for a tire replacement. Before dropping it off, I picked up a couple H/K oil filters at Walmart that was on the same route.

I just picked up the Sportage and the receipt shows the tire service as discussed but also an oil change ("at no cost to customer"). The Service Advisor apologized, stating the Tech saw the oil filter on the seat and erroneously believed it was there for an oil change. They also offered to pay for the filter. This has now happened to me twice at different establishments but these guys were very standup...

I would typically be upset but the approach taken by this independently owned FS left me satisfied. I let them know it isn't a problem at all and thanked them for being upfront and fair.

This FS still uses Kendall, which if I could find for a good price, I would use. You can see the cases in the bay area, as opposed to the chain FS which now use SOPUS. Their oil change price is normally $19.99 with this oil and a FS (Champion) filter.

You would think that they would read the service order and just do that.

At least they didn't charge you, but what if you had a better filter and oil in the vehicle and the cheap filter and or oil were for someone else sitting on your seat?

You scored... that oils at least $4qt retail. I just ran it in my ride. The young me would try and make that same "mistake" again in 5k miles...‚ but meh, he did the right thing so kudos to the SM.ðŸ‘

Last edited:

AMEN! Glad they were honest with you Wemay
smile.gif

I agree,

Excellent customer service and customer CARE. When shops carry good quality products and are honest and fair you've found one that you can trust.

Sounds like a top notch management team at this location, Wemay.

I like the ConocoPhillips oils, they perform really well. I wish they were all as easy to find as the Motorcraft line.

Last edited:
I agree with everyone's point of view here. This is a keeper store. After getting home, I checked the cleanliness of the work and there were no oil beads on the oil pan or new filter. A big deal? No, not at all. But it is a nice detail.

Originally Posted by OilReport99
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

I just ran it in my ride.

Did you have a UOA done?

No because it wouldn't tell me anything i already know...I only do 5k oci's tops; my car is PI, burns no oil, no coolant disappearing and with no hint of fuel in the crankcase.

There's a UOA of Kendall GT-1 SB 5/30 in the used oil forum if you're interested.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OilReport99

I just ran it in my ride.

Did you have a UOA done?

No because it wouldn't tell me anything i already know...I only do 5k oci's tops; my car is PI, burns no oil, no coolant disappearing and with no hint of fuel in the crankcase.

There's a UOA of Kendall GT-1 SB 5/30 in the used oil forum if you're interested.

I saw that UOA. I pretty much do the same once I know how a specific oil performs in my vehicles - OC and go on. I was only interested in another piece of info as I've never run Kendall as I posted before.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Well stated ^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back