Kendall does not meet API specs!

Says right here on their new add. Says if you add a suppliment then it passes API and ISLAC.

We all know kendall is a good product. Whoever designed this add needs a new job

Attachments

• IMG_20200820_103616.jpg
    IMG_20200820_103616.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 244
Says right here on their new add. Says if you add a suppliment then it passes API and ISLAC.

We all know kendall is a good product. Whoever designed this add needs a new job
Bumps it from 5 to 6 ? N to P ?

I think there point is you can add it to their other API spec'd oils and sell them as a high mileage oil and the resulting mixture still meets API spec, without having to stock a seperate high mileage oil, usefull for quick lube places with limited space to store extra drums or that don't move enough high mileage oil to justify carrying a barrel of it.

OP is interpreting the language incorrectly.

It's quite clear to me from their verbiage that this product is an additive that the consumer puts into their oil.

The intent is not to add 5 quarts of this stuff to your sump and run it for 5000 miles....

But the headline of this thread sure makes for good click bait.

I wonder if it does anything for seals. They don’t mention anything about seals in their ad. Also what’s so unique about it that it can’t be used with other motor oils.

I wonder if it does anything for seals. They don’t mention anything about seals in their ad. Also what’s so unique about it that it can’t be used with other motor oils.
They can't assure how it will react with any other manufacturers oils it's only been tested with their own and clearly is meant to be used to turn Kendall's regular non-high mileage oils into a high mileage oil, Kendall mostly supplies bulk oil to shops, so this is meant to reduce the amount of storage space needed for storing different types of oil and decrease the amount of time the bulk oil sits because instead of having six different types of oil you can have 3 that move quicker because the same oil can be used for a regular oil change and you simply add the high mileage additive when high mileage oil is requested.

No then, it just says the blend meets...

It doesn't say the oil without it does not...

I'm sure the oil without the additive meets any standards indicated on the packaging (race oils may not meet any)

But the wording doesn't say the oils don't meet any standards. Maybe not a standard released after the oil was formulated...

Whatever they are trying to say, I'm not getting any inclination to buy this product.

So what's in this additive to make a GF-5 / API SN go to a GF-6 / API SP ?

I'm assuming this is what the additive is suppose to accomplish.

They can't assure how it will react with any other manufacturers oils it's only been tested with their own and clearly is meant to be used to turn Kendall's regular non-high mileage oils into a high mileage oil, Kendall mostly supplies bulk oil to shops, so this is meant to reduce the amount of storage space needed for storing different types of oil and decrease the amount of time the bulk oil sits because instead of having six different types of oil you can have 3 that move quicker because the same oil can be used for a regular oil change and you simply add the high mileage additive when high mileage oil is requested.
Think that's a pretty good marketing play.

Says: " GT-1 High Mileage Booster, when used as directed with the products outlined below, results in a blend that meets current API and ILSAC performance standards. "

Which "current" standards are they talking about? Why don't they just say ILSAC GF-6 / API SN P if that's what they are talking about.

It says it meets performance standards with it not that it doesn't without it. Incidentally that doesn't mean it won't fall outside some of the other standards like fuel economy or phosphorus limits.

There are two current standards. SN+ GF-5 is current through next spring. SP GF-6 is also current.

Last edited:
The opposite is "adding it results in a blend that doesn't meet meet current standards" not an oil that doesn't meet standards without it.

Kendall's bulletin doesn't say that.

There are two current standards. SN+ GF-5 is current through next spring. SP GF-6 is also current.

Yeah, so which one(s) are they talking about? Both? Why not them just say which one(s) instead of leaving it a bit nebulous.

Back