Kendall does not meet API specs!

Kendall's bulletin doesn't say that.

Yeah, so which one(s) are they talking about? Both? Why not them just say which one(s) instead of leaving it a bit nebulous.

Rewrote previous to make my meaning hopefully more clear. If it meets SP GF-6 it meets SN+ GF-5 but unfortunately the average person (including many in the oil change industry) doesn't know that.

The intent of the ad is obvious..........to people here.

The OP is pointing out that it is a terrible ad because it could be interpreted the way he suggested and that observation is correct. Pretty bad oversight from the marketing department, if you ask me.

I think there point is you can add it to their other API spec'd oils and sell them as a high mileage oil and the resulting mixture still meets API spec ... usefull for quick lube places with limited space
That's exactly what it is. In fact, Kendall further says this:

THE GT-1 HIGH MILEAGE BOOSTER IS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AT LUBE SHOPS THAT POUR KENDALL.

It says it meets performance standards with it not that it doesn't without it.

Why would they even have an additive that claims "GT-1 High Mileage Booster, when used as directed with the products outlined below, results in a blend that meets current API and ILSAC performance standards" if the oil it's being added to already meets those standards?

Incidentally that doesn't mean it won't fall outside some of the other standards like fuel economy or phosphorus limits.

There are two current standards. SN+ GF-5 is current through next spring. SP GF-6 is also current.

If they say "results in a blend that meets current API and ILSAC performance standards", then that must technically cover all performance standards defined by the "current" API and ILSAC ratings.

Does HM oil have different ILSAC and API standards than non-HM oil? I doubt it.

Useful to make a few bucks extra I guess, considering most every other HM oil sells for the same price as non-HM.
MaxLife sells for the same price as Daily Protection in the bottle at WalMart. MaxLife is sold as both semi-syn (even though Daily Protection is too) and high mileage at oil change places for twice as much money at oil change places. This is a way to make an extra twenty without stocking duplicate oil, just some small bottles. Clever move on CP's (or is it Phillip 66 can never remember who does what now) part .
"It's got what plants crave."

Back