Keep K&N or NOT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit late to this one @OVERKILL I have already had warnings and posts taken down because everyone decided to shoot the messenger. I was just informing members on here that it was done. Also, not many Australian street cars making nearly 700rwhp on e85, doubt there are many American ones either.

You'd be surprised. Remember, a Demon is 840HP stock (~730 to the tires). Doesn't take much to get a Hellcat to that level and there are a LOT of those rolling around, that's why I suggested a Hellcat airbox setup might be an option if it fit (if one wanted better filtration than a K&N).

Buddy of mine who was a tuner for Steeda at the time, had a TT termi, which was ~750 to the tires on 94 octane (street tune) and a hair over 850 on avgas for the strip. I have no idea what he ran for filtration though.

This thread continues to be daft, I'm talking about stock airbox and filters. I'm quite aware of the street modification scene in the USA.

I think it may simply be poor articulation on your part if that's was what was meant to be inferred from this statement:
adams355 said:
Also, not many Australian street cars making nearly 700rwhp on e85, doubt there are many American ones either.

Which in no way seemed to imply you were referencing airboxes, let alone stock airboxes and filters for cars that, stock, are making that level of power.

Taken at face value, it's a statement that there are not a lot of street cars making that level of power, which is what @TeamZero was getting a chuckle out of and I was a bit surprised about myself, since I know of quite a few cars here in Ontario that are there. It has become stupidly common with the Hellcat cars now and why, in the context of airboxes, I suggested that one might be a worthwhile item to look at to see if it would potentially fit, if one was looking to avoid going the K&N route.

Anyways, you seem to be getting your back up in this thread. I've probably missed a pile of the removed posts but I'm not hear to beat you over the head on anything, just providing a few points from my perspective on the topic at hand. As far as being late to the party, I was one of the first posters in this thread back when it was created in 2018 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back