Keep getting ran into!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by AuthorEditor
Dashcams don't help you in rear-enders. I was plowed into at a stoplight which drove my car into the one in front of me, and so on for about four cars up the line. I was cited for failing to maintain control of my vehicle, but luckily in a no-fault insurance state. Wasn't sued but paid a stupid traffic fine, which would have been too costly to fight.

There are backwards facing cams these days. They're becoming more common.

Dashcams don't prevent crashes; they just provide evidence of fault. OP is not complaining about proving who's at fault. Dashcams won't help him.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Dashcams don't prevent crashes; they just provide evidence of fault. OP is not complaining about proving who's at fault. Dashcams won't help him.

+1

I also doubt the drivers were high or buzzed. It's mostly people being distracted by their phones or infotainment. On my way into work I usually count how many people are looking down while driving, it's a lot.
shocked2.gif

On my way into work I usually count how many people are looking down while driving, it's a lot.

^^This^^ I ride a motorcycle and I am always checking for the eyes of other drivers to see what they are likely seeing, and it is often not me despite wearing an eye-searing yellow jacket. Distracted driving is truly an epidemic. Just the other day I was making a right turn onto a very busy main street--the kind with cars backing out of parking spaces, people crossing from between cars, etc. I take it in first gear on the motorcycle very carefully. Of course I could see that the SUV driver turning left in front of me heading onto this street was constantly glancing down at something--probably a phone--while smiling and talking. One-half second of inattention and that SUV could kill someone. Stand on any busy street corner and you will see the same thing in 50% of the cars going by. What I don't understand is why the police don't just stand there and ticket people too? I recently noticed one of these folks just parked in the roadway at a 4-way stop texting away, oblivious to the vehicles at the other three intersections waiting for him to move. A state police car stopped, waited for him to move, noticed he wasn't going anywhere because he was so intent on his phone, and the cruiser just moved on ignoring Joe Distracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back