Keebler and GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the Keebler elves have struck up a deal with GC to promote there oil in exchange for cookie sales.Its not clear yet on all the details,but as ENN (Elves News Network)gets news of the deal,they will pass it on to you,the consumer.As of 9am EST this morning,it was reported that Ernie Keebler was seen driving a new 7 series BMW,instead of his old AMC Rambler.Stay tuned!
tongue.gif

Even the funny little guys in the tree know what the best motor oil in the world is.
grin.gif
Castrol has the heritage and tradition to be the top motor oil company in the world. So why is there a special section on Castrol slx? Because if elves use it then it must be the best.
tongue.gif

Certanly good oil as posted by UOA but, the best for all?? I think not. My problem is with the company and their advertising malarky and down right shading the truth. If marketing has that much say so over the engineering end of the busniess then I stay away.

quote:

Originally posted by Eddie:
Certanly good oil as posted by UOA but, the best for all?? I think not. My problem is with the company and their advertising malarky and down right shading the truth. If marketing has that much say so over the engineering end of the busniess then I stay away.

Eddie,

You join others in the running for the "Beating A Dead Horse" award.
cheers.gif

Has this been confirmed or is it just another rumor. It was always my understanding that the Kebler elves were related to the Black Forest elves but were not the same. I guess that I will just have to stay tuned to this threat for the latest information.

This is one of those urban legends. The Keebler Elves are not related to the Elves of GC fame, but wavinwayne is to be commended for his efforts to promote the cause of the Elves through by bringing their presence to our threads. The GC Elves and I have had conversations about their appearance and they are resigned to the fact that they are not as cute as the Elves "ww" has brought to us. They look more like young, very short Albert Einsteins. They do make for great company, especially over a delicious jägerschnitzel dinner.

quote:

Originally posted by Chimay:
The undertaker has visited the elves for 2005.
cheers.gif

I notice that in your posts across a number of threads you are consistently sniping at the Elixer...um-m-m, what's your point?

[ April 02, 2005, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

Sometimes I become a little sick-n-tired of the GC/elf references too(sorry, pscholte). I feel that all of the "elf talk" kind of diminishes scientific fortes of the product.

However, with that said....I ask you: Which is worse?
A company that imports a high quality product, fails to advertise it through the mass market, even downplays its existance when its "discovered" by a few scrutinizing consumers?
Or a company that comes out with a new high quality product, then utilizes a huge publicity campaign complete w/longevity promises and a "warranty" that they have no intentions on honoring once the fine print is read?

Well the change from green to gold can't be good. Sounds like even Patman is not wanting to try it out.Is it the same good stuff or is it different? I would give it a try but I can't find it in my area.
cheers.gif

quote:

Well the change from green to gold can't be good. Sounds like even Patman is not wanting to try it out.Is it the same good stuff or is it different? I would give it a try but I can't find it in my area.
cheers.gif

I admit, until I see some UOAs, I'm leery of the new M05 stuff, however, after seeing that it's still the same viscosity, it does give me hope that it's still German made, still passes the same specs, and might even possibly be an improvement.

But I'm still glad I've got 86L of the green, just in case. GC is not dead by a longshot.

quote:

Originally posted by Brikhead:
Sometimes I become a little sick-n-tired of the GC/elf references too(sorry, pscholte). I feel that all of the "elf talk" kind of diminishes scientific fortes of the product.

Point taken.
cheers.gif
I will say that even when I back off, others continue the Elf talk and it is hard to resist pepetuating it since it is "my baby." I will also say that it seems to be part of what gives GC the mystique that many enjoy...but, as I said, point taken.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

cheers.gif

I admit, until I see some UOAs, I'm leery of the new M05 stuff, however, after seeing that it's still the same viscosity, it does give me hope that it's still German made, still passes the same specs, and might even possibly be an improvement.

But I'm still glad I've got 86L of the green, just in case. GC is not dead by a longshot.

Pat,

I keep looking for The Gold so I can make it clear to everyone I still believe in this oil...so far, it hasn't shown up at any Autozone I have visited.

PS As an addendum to my email response to Brikhead's comments above...I likewise have a request. I am as tired of hearing the overworked criticisms of Castrol and Grp III as some of you are of hearing about Elves. I agree to moderate the Elf talk, will the dead horse beaters reciprocate? Fair is fair.

[ April 03, 2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

No beating a dead horse here. It just seams a change in the formula may mean a change in uoa results.God bless the Elves. Those slick _asterads.
cheers.gif

Try a Trappist Ale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back