Katrina Spending not Funded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Please don't make this political:
Katrina Funding

Please call and write your Congress/President. Insist that we Fund the humungous spending we are doing (everywhere). If this doesn't change..we will go the way of the old Soviet Union. I am going to talk/write to my friends (what few I have
smile.gif
) and neighbors. A ground swell of public opinion is needed.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/

How is this supposed to stay non-political? I think I will take your advice. I shall write my congressmen and voice my opinion that I agree with the President. There is no need to raise taxes. Just by posting you make this political...

quote:

Originally posted by Starbreaker666:
How is this supposed to stay non-political? I think I will take your advice. I shall write my congressmen and voice my opinion that I agree with the President. There is no need to raise taxes. Just by posting you make this political...

Well political in the sense that both parties seem to be adicted to this concept. I didn't see any ground swell of either party saying that we should fund this effort.
dunno.gif

I agree that spending needs to be cut.

President Bush says that we should cut the pork to fund the recovery--and I agree.

But do you think that Robert C. (KKK) Byrd is going to let the drones in his state go without another Robert C. Byrd bridge to nowhere? Probably not.

Not to pick specifically on the Dems, but Byrd does epitomize pork barrel spending run amock.

Dan

The last round of tax cuts actually stimuated the economy and incresed Federal tax revunues. However, this was never really reported by the media and most people don't realize that the tax cuts actually helped, not hurt.

I agree, we should cut the pork. There is tons of pork in the highway bill and the agricultural bill.

Our politicians will all let the country collapse before cutting pork. None of them believe that history can be repeated. They don't have any clue that we actually could collapse financially and thus totally. They just assume that it can't happen to us.

Its just like when in the early 70's ..when I was going to Reactor classes, nuclear programs, etc. The most learned men in the field said it was so improbable for any nuclear accident to happen bc of all of the redundant safety systems, defense in depth design, negative fuel temperature coefficient, etc., etc. Ummm guess what..TMI
shocked.gif

Our leaders are clueless on the budget, monitary, system and the workings of the world markets. When foreigh countries start cashing in on our debt..the end could come very quickly.

Oh well..selling apples on the street corner isn't a bad job
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Drew:
The last round of tax cuts actually stimuated the economy and incresed Federal tax revunues. However, this was never really reported by the media and most people don't realize that the tax cuts actually helped, not hurt.

I've been waiting to see if/when the media report the shrinking deficit, and what excuse they come up with. You can be darn sure it won't be the tax cut or anything giving credit to current policy
nono.gif

Hopefully the rebuilding won't cost anywhere near $200B, just as there were nowhere near the 10,000 dead the genius media told us about. Finding the money without raising taxes is possible but unlikely. The majority party always ends up spending like there is no tomorrow, until the voters foolishly believe the other party can't be worse and give them a try.

If my house gets destroyed, I have to pay to rebuild it. If ten houses get destroyed, ten owners have to pay to rebuild them. At what number does it suddenly become the government's responsibility to rebuild, and why?

quote:

If my house gets destroyed, I have to pay to rebuild it. If ten houses get destroyed, ten owners have to pay to rebuild them. At what number does it suddenly become the government's responsibility to rebuild, and why?

Let's say your house survives in A1 condition, but your surroundings are trashed, with no infrastructure left. You gonna pay for that out of your own pocket beyond your share? And if your business or job is suddenly gone you'll be able to handle it just fine? If so, more powah to ya!

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:

quote:

Let's say your house survives in A1 condition, but your surroundings are trashed, with no infrastructure left. You gonna pay for that out of your own pocket beyond your share? And if your business or job is suddenly gone you'll be able to handle it just fine? If so, more powah to ya!

Utility Companies restores utilities (raise rates as necessary), state rebuilds roads with Federal grants, business, homeowner's insurance pays to relocate/rebuild. Peeps without insurance do what they do today, get help from RC (who by the way is swimming in money now) Sure the Government is going to help with loans (like they did for Agness)..but 200 Billion in grants. I certainly agree with oilyriser. Government didn't come and give me any help when my basement wall fell in during Eloise. Wall not covered bc insurance doesn't pay for water pressure. I was just starting out in new home and it cost me the equivalent of 15K (which I[not the government] paid). The government payng seems so right, so nice, so cuddly warm..now... Just wait to see the fallout. Gee I wonder why we don't fund it...[BC we cant!!!]

But its a political thing now. Bush must rob the treasury (and me) to pay to answer criticism.

The government has no business paying for this.

Let 'em eat snakes!

Put the welfare-rabble from the refugee camps to work, they look like they could use it.

N.O. is not my responsibility!

moribundman, Christian is as ****** does. More than a belief system or label.

For the rest of the worried that your contributions to the treasury will be poorly spent.

In the US the proper channel is to contact your elected reps to save the budget if you think helping New Orleans is a waste or irresponsible.

*** Help you if you ever have NOTHING left and need assistance.

quote:

Originally posted by keith:

quote:

Originally posted by Drew:

I've been waiting to see if/when the media report the shrinking deficit, and what excuse they come up with. You can be darn sure it won't be the tax cut or anything giving credit to current policy
nono.gif

Hopefully the rebuilding won't cost anywhere near $200B, just as there were nowhere near the 10,000 dead the genius media told us about. Finding the money without raising taxes is possible but unlikely. The majority party always ends up spending like there is no tomorrow, until the voters foolishly believe the other party can't be worse and give them a try.

Agreed..but gov. estimates on costs are usually only 1/3 of actual. I have read that a numver of places. So I'd say 200 billion won't even begin to cover it. You are right- spending won't be cut and raising taxes won't help either. Usually for every dollar in taxes raised $1.30 is spent. I have already come to the realization that my savings which would have carried me to end of life will not make it. Hyperinflation is the only way for the gov to avoid Armagedon and then we'll just start over..All of us.
frown.gif

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We as a nation are going to be more like europe. Expect our grandchildern to earn and have the buying power of 70% of what we enjoy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back