As they say, Karma is a "female dog." And, that dog bit me this morning.
I was going to leave to go grocery shopping at WM and stop by my dads to get his list first. Put the key in the ignition, turned it, and just a series of clicks. Dead battery. Son of a biscuit eater! So, I called my cousin to come give me a jump start so I could go buy a new battery from Battery Warehouse.
Last week someone made a post in this forum about DIEHARD batteries. And, I replied bragging about my 2 year warranty battery costing me only $72 and change 3 + years ago. KARMA!
I was able to sit in my truck the whole time that battery dude tested and replaced my old battery. It was 4 years, 3 months, and 19 days old. I had him install the same type battery (800 CCA) with a 2 year warranty for $87.71 total. He had raised the price $5 since 4 years ago. I was fine with that.

Automotive batteries seem to last a very long time in Canada. Of course most of us have six months of winter and while we have days of “extreme” heat (100F+) as well, most summer days are more moderate. I traded in my 2011 F150 seven years later with the original Motorcraft battery installed.

Automotive batteries seem to last a very long time in Canada. Of course most of us have six months of winter and while we have days of “extreme” heat (100F+) as well, most summer days are more moderate. I traded in my 2011 F150 seven years later with the original Motorcraft battery installed.
Yup, my dad just changed the battery in his 2003 Town Car. He swears it is the original battery (always kept on a tender over the winter) which would make it 17 years old! o_O Even if it was replaced before he bought the car in 2008, that still puts the battery at 12 years old.

Yup, my dad just changed the battery in his 2003 Town Car. He swears it is the original battery (always kept on a tender over the winter) which would make it 17 years old! o_O Even if it was replaced before he bought the car in 2008, that still puts the battery at 12 years old.
Motorcraft batteries are bulletproof.
In 2001 I bought a 97 F150 with the original battery in it. I bought my 07 F150 brand new off the lot and sold my 97. Two weeks after putting it up for sale the battery died. I installed a new Motorcraft and sold it a week later.
My son could have got me a Motorcraft from the Ford dealership he works at for $80 total. But, that's about 110 miles from my house.

Wow! I am lucky to make it to 3 years on a battery. 2 years and a few months is the norm on my Accord.

Back