K&N worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: XS650
Do you have any solid evidence that Amsoil air filters are used in the Abrams?

Unless they changed path from when I got out of the biddness 11 years go, the Abrams has an elaborate self cleaning air filter developed by Donaldson. The filter element material is only a small part of how it works.

isn't the engine is a gas turbine? I don't think a gas turbine is that picky about small particles of dirt. Maybe a rock or small bird might be a problem.

Originally Posted By: hal
whole thing about letting more dirt in your engine is B.S. I have a 6000mi UOA with silicon levels of only 5ppm using a K&N filter, and my driving involved a daily two-way travel on a 1.5mile-long dirt road. maybe improper fitment is the problem for some.
Do you drive behind another cars dust or are you in clean air?

Not only that,in an Abrahms Tank, I dont think Amsoil filters are that thorough in filtering out Chem or Bio agents, smoke/phosphorous etc generated on the battlefield, especially if using a snorkel wading through water etc. Most tanks have performed well in the desert ever since World War 2. So i dont think they are too fussed about sand, dust etc.

Its like VHT Paints 'So good its used on the Stealth Bomber !'. Do they even still use those things ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back