K&N performance silver 4k.

Filter was on a 2008 mazda 5. Was ran with mobile truck and suv. Put on a wix xp with some Franken oil.
20210306_180308.jpg
20210306_180316.jpg
20210306_180323.jpg
20210306_180328.jpg
20210306_180338.jpg

Question: when installed, did it have that little “twist” in the middle of the media?🤔

Nope, I bought them on sale. I don't really mess with K&N. Used during the winter because the higher flow rate but don't plan on buying them again. There is always a twist on my oil filters unless I get one with wore backed media.

IMO the twist looks to be from putting the cap on. Do you overtighten the cap? Is this filter the same length as an OEM filter? Just curious.

Just my $0.02

IMO the twist looks to be from putting the cap on. Do you overtighten the cap? Is this filter the same length as an OEM filter? Just curious.

Just my $0.02

No, I did not over tighten the cap. Yes, this is the same length as oem. Every time I post a filter from my mazda and there is a twist there is always one person that says this.

No, I did not over tighten the cap. Yes, this is the same length as oem. Every time I post a filter from my mazda and there is a twist there is always one person that says this.
I didn't mean to offend or upset you. The filter looks like it was twisted during installation. I'd be curious to see what a filter looks like right after you put one in and tighten the cap before running the car. Do you lube the ends of the filter so if it tries to twist the media it might slip. To me the picture just looks like the torque from the cap is being transmitted through the filter media.

Just my $0.02

Back