K&N oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone AZ is having their Castrol Syntec special again. How good are these filters? Been using Mobil One filters for alittle while now...this is on my Tacoma. Ive heard they compair to the Mobil One.

I run this combo in my '03 Sentra from AZ sales. I was told here that K&N oil filter is a good choice.

Originally Posted By: Lurch
I run this combo in my '03 Sentra from AZ sales. I was told here that K&N oil filter is a good choice.

Cool. Im heading their today.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Hey everyone AZ is having their Castrol Syntec special again. How good are these filters? Been using Mobil One filters for alittle while now...this is on my Tacoma. Ive heard they compair to the Mobil One.

K&N are excellent filters. Similar in construction to the Mobil 1 filters but a different media material. K&N filter's are as good as Mobil 1 filters. Either is a good choice.

If you felt better with mobil 1 filter, then just ask the manager if you can swap k & n for mobil 1, most will do that.

The M1 and KN oil filters share pretty much the same "skeletal" structure. The KN adds the head nut, of course, and seems to have a somewhat thicker shell. Both are made by Champion Labs. When you cut them open in unused condition, you can see how the innards, apart from the element, are virtually identical. Where they part company is in the filter media. Mobil advertises and emphasizes fine filtration. KN promotes the filter as flowing more easily (but probably at the expense of filtration to some extent). When the filtration media is clean, you can see a color difference between the two. That's meaningless in and of itself, of course, but it does indicate that each seller is calling for a different media. I've used both, and reviewed a great many UOAs in which these filters were used. You should be just fine with either one.

Originally Posted By: killagt
If you felt better with mobil 1 filter, then just ask the manager if you can swap k & n for mobil 1, most will do that.

Just got back from AZ. I grabed one K&N and one Mobil One along with GC, both are oversized filters.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I would use K&N Oil filters without any reservation. It's an excellent quality filter IMO!

The sale is good till before the end of the month. Ill head back in afew weeks to get more.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Originally Posted By: StevieC
I would use K&N Oil filters without any reservation. It's an excellent quality filter IMO!

The sale is good till before the end of the month. Ill head back in afew weeks to get more.
I got a ton of EAO's to use up!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back