Justin Bieber sells music rights for $200 million

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024

Justin Bieber sells music rights for $200 million​

I can't name a single Justin Bieber song (I am sure AquariusCSM knows them all), but I suspect Justin Bieber will end up broke in the next few decades.

200 million. 20 percent to his agent, 10 percent in legal fees. Now the 200 million is $140 million. Taxes and other fees, now down to $100 million. Easy for people that received "easy" money to blow $100 million, and no future royalty revenues ever I suspect.

What I would advise Justin. Put that 100 million into a irrevocable trust like pension fund. The pension pays out 50 percent of the dividend per year. The principal grows with the other 50 percent of the dividend. And, Justin could become a mass murderer, and if the pension is setup properly, the pension monies could never ever be touched (it worked well for OJ and his NFL pension).

Last edited:
Like most of pop music, I like very few songs from most artists. The Biebs has some really good bangers, I’ll say that. Very enjoyable.

What’s his net worth? I mean, in your example, it’s 100M plus what he already has. His wife ain’t broke either.

Also, wasn’t his face paralyzed for a while for no reason, and his wife sick? Maybe There’s something to that.

He’s been “famous” for 14 years and continued to make money. I don’t think he’s an idiot and your estimates for legal fees are probably 20x-40x higher than reality. I agree with skyactiv, this was smart planning as he loses his appeal to teenage girls with age.
RH,

I just looked at the example of the late Lisa Marie Presley, who appears to have lost most of the monies granted to her. I purely speculate that music royalties have kept a lot of musicians' "liquid" as they have aged. A few have other talents/ skillsets, but I suspect most may not.

Lisa Marie Presley Net Worth 2023​

After her parents’ divorce, she lived with her mother in California. In 1977 her father died and she became joint heir of her father’s property along with her grand parents. As she inherited the entire fortune, which was around $100 million, after her grandparents passed away. In 2004, Lisa sold 85 percent of her father’s property.

Lisa Marie Presley had a net worth of $295 million when she got her inheritance in 1994, but her terrible spending habits wiped out the whole wealth. Unfortunately, between 2005 and 2015, Lisa lost all of her fortune. She also included $25 million in equity in American Idol’s future holding company. The Lisa Marie Presley Net Worth 2023 is estimated at around $16 million for the year 2023.

BIrd in the hand. Sounds smart to me - who knows what music will look like in the future - some server in russia streaming it free to everyone?

Now if he doesn't squander it will be the question. I tend to agree with others that he will.

He may not be as dumb as we think. He might realize he's aging out and cant go on into his 30's appealing to teenage girls forever.

But he has many, many hits that will be a part of people’s lives forever. Just like some of you still listen to the same old songs over and over, so to Will his fans.

I also just Googled and it seems as if he sold the rights of his PAST catalog of songs. That should mean that he can make all of the new content he wants and get paid going forward, right? I mean, he can probably pay for bills by doing one collaboration on some up-and-coming artists album or influencer’s social media event if he really gets hard up.

Unless he starts doing drugs or something, his talent isn’t going to just disappear. It’s not like he’s some washed up actor or sports star. He can easily transition from teeny bopper heart throb to “bad dude” to something else.

Here is a list of musicians that went bankrupt/ essentially lost all their moneys to include:
Willy Nelson
Michael Jackson
Wayne Newton
Tom Petty
and about 16 more in the list. Some made it back, some didn't. In the case of Michael Jackson, he appeared to have died trying to make it back. His estate did very well after his death, but most accounts suggest he died both cash poor and asset poor.

Last edited:
Somehow I doubt @aquariuscsm is a belieber...

Justin might be out of steam, and he knows it. One hundred mil can go a very long way and can make you a billionaire if you know what to do with it. Still, I doubt Bieber has the passion, drive, and desire, to pursue that. Best of luck to him. And no, I'm not a belieber, never was...

Here is a list of musicians that went bankrupt/ essentially lost all their moneys to include:
Willy Nelson
Michael Jackson
Wayne Newton
Tom Petty
and about 16 more in the list. Some made it back, some didn't. In the case of Michael Jackson, he appeared to have died trying to make it back. His estate did very well after his death, but most accounts suggest he died both cash poor and asset poor.

Let's see, drugs,drugs, bad investments (mafia?), drugs

Read up on the contracts these musicians have to sign, in a lot of cases they go broke when they stop producing hits and end up owning the label money. Sort of like what happened to Mike Tyson. These types of contracts are quite common and if the musician doesn’t have a good lawyer, then end up on the streets.

Bieber may look like a stupid punk and he sure did his best to reaffirm this image, but this may be a very smart move.

Back