Just when you think you've seen it all at Walmart....

You unscrew the cap and break the seal to see if there's a foil seal? Valvoline 5 qt jugs have a clear cap so you can see if the foil seal is intact or not.
Yes, Z, I unscrew the cap and check the seal integrity. but I would never break a cap seal in the store, and fortunately the new clear-cap Valvoline jug does not have a cap seal :) Call me paranoid, sort-of :)

- Ken

Yes, Z, I unscrew the cap and check the seal integrity. but I would never break a cap seal in the store, and fortunately the new clear-cap Valvoline jug does not have a cap seal :) Call me paranoid, sort-of :)

- Ken
Ah yes, it's easier to see the security ring over the foil if the clear cap it removed. Any you're right, the cap on a Valvoline jug unscrews without breaking any tabs on the cap. Here's a close-up of the foil security ring for those not familiar. I just took this photo on one of the new jugs of Valvoline I have in the garage.

1631814936299.jpeg

Ah yes, it's easier to see the security ring over the foil if the clear cap it removed. Any you're right, the cap on a Valvoline jug unscrews without breaking any tabs on the cap. Here's a close-up of the foil security ring for those not familiar. I just took this photo on one of the new jugs of Valvoline I have in the garage.
Nice seal. especially for those worried about getting "returned oil" at Walmart - or anywhere for that matter.

Now don't forget to check inside those Fram or K&N Filter boxes with no cellophane outer wrap.

And, also don't forget to bring your ADBV Blow test syringe with you. The mark of a true BITOG'er ;)

Syringe-Type.jpg

View attachment 71272
And when you pull that tab it leaves no foil behind.

Back