Just watched an old movie named _____

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it was "Born Loser" with Elizabeth James.

A 20 year old babe who rides a motorcycle and steps outside right after being in k-12 forever and sees what the world is really like. Wished more girls spoke like her today.

I found out afterwards that it was 1967 when it was released then the 70s happened.

edit: Written by Elizabeth James. I'm EVEN more impressed

Last edited:
Breakfast at Tiffany's. Audrey Hepburn is spellbinding. I never saw this movie before and it's pretty good IMO.

Movie Info

Last old movie I watched for the first time that I can highly recommend was "Sunset Boulevard".

Also watched "The Godfather" trilogy recently again.

I have gotten hooked on the Grit channel. It's an action movie channel, with a lot of stuff from the 1960s-1970s.

It has made me somewhat interested in westerns, which isn't a genre I watched much of before.

Late 1960s - 1970s crime drama/action movies have always interested me. Bullitt and the like.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
I have gotten hooked on the Grit channel. It's an action movie channel, with a lot of stuff from the 1960s-1970s.

It has made me somewhat interested in westerns, which isn't a genre I watched much of before.

Late 1960s - 1970s crime drama/action movies have always interested me. Bullitt and the like.

The western and the crime drama have a lot in common; if you like the latter, you may like the best of the former. A lot of crime writers, like Elmore Leonard and Loren D. Estleman, have also written very good westerns.

Good old movies? Anything with James Stewart. The man could do comedy with the best of 'em (probably because he WAS the best of 'em), and then turn around and shine in a drama.

And Penny Serenade has probably the best dramatic performance by Cary Grant I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back