Just upgraded to ANDROID 12 on my Pixel 3XL

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Not a techie guy, but received a message to upgrade to ANDRIOD 12 earlier this morning.

Download was 1.5 GIG, total time to download and install about 20 minutes. Everything appears to be working just fine. Not noticing any operating differences yet, actually only thing I noticed is the time of day is displayed in a much larger font while the phone is idle.

My Wife and adult children all have Apple phones. They love their phones. I wanted to be the frugal one so went with Android years ago, always buying unlocked phones and prepay for service. My monthly prepay to ATT is more than my Wife's Verizon service. Kind of regret being so cheap and not going with the iphone. Now to tied to ANDROID don't want to change. I use my phone for only basic stuff.

Last edited:
My 3XL updated 2 nights ago. Noticed new lock screen, new volume display design, new button design on the swipe down menu.

But I also run a side launcher (Smart Launcher Pro) so I'm really only noticing cosmetics from the OS update.

no giggies is the best you can expect. I hate when they move things around and I have to hunt and peck to see where they moved them to. :)

Just make it work with fewer bugs and security holes and I'm happy.

I wonder if your family upgraded their iPhones to 15.1 yet?
I have been holding off updating and on 14.8, love the phone and keep waiting to see if there are any issues with the update before I do. We love our iPhones.
Just a year or two ago we were Android... now my whole family is on Apple.

I also just got the update prompt for my Apple desktop computers to macOS Monterey ... as much as I an dying to update to it, holding off as long as I can so they can discover and fix any bugs

Last edited:
I wonder if your family upgraded their iPhones to 15.1 yet?
I have been holding off updating and on 14.8, love the phone and keep waiting to see if there are any issues with the update before I do. We love our iPhones.
Just a year or two ago we were Android... now my whole family is on Apple.

I also just got the update prompt for my Apple desktop computers to macOS Monterey ... as much as I an dying to update to it, holding goff as long as I can so they can discover and fix any bugs
Thanks... how hard was the transition from Android to iPhone?

No sure if anyone in the family updated their iPhone operating system version yet. My adult Daughter is all Apple, from laptop to phone. She is a hard worker, consults for a high tech firm, and would have "no grace" for technology not be predictable and dependable.

the only things that keep me from going back to ios is losing youtube and yt music vanced and i enjoy no ads and off screen listening.

why is your wifes verizon service less then your prepay? is it apple to apples? you can probably use that pixel on verizon.

No sure if anyone in the family updated their iPhone operating system version yet. My adult Daughter is all Apple, from laptop to phone. She is a hard worker, consults for a high tech firm, and would have "no grace" for technology not be predictable and dependable.
For me it was easy, I actually used a work iPhone for many years plus I had my private Android. Always the biggest thing is to make sure you have any photos that you want to keep stored some place or simply saved to your google account, and of course adding your contacts into the new phone can be a pain. Im sure there is a way to merge them onto an iPhone, have no idea. I always like to start fresh anyway (mostly)

MY wife on the other hand was always an Android fan, until I got my iPhone XR almost 2 years ago and one year ago because of that I bought her an iPhone 11.
She started the iPhone 11 from scratch, I just asked her, from what she remembers she manually added her contacts back in, she also saved all her photos from her phone into the phones gmail account and then downloaded them onto her computer or left them in her gmail storage.

I used to hate Apple, thought they were overpriced blah, blah...
After over 2 decades of Windows, Android, even Windows Phone I saw the light. I will never go back and either will my wife.

I agree with your daughter. Since that iPhone two years ago, I ditched my Windows Laptop and have a MacBook Air, I also ditched my HP Windows Desktop and have a Mac mini with a 27 inch monitor (HP monitor ironically ) SO I am fully in Apple now.
If this means anything to you, my wife was a former die hard Android fan and now an iPhone fan.

She was a Windows fan too, well she is ready to dump her windows desktop, she loves what she see's when I use my phone and two Mac computers, everything seamlessly syncs with each other, take a photo on my phone? Within seconds I can access it on my desktop or laptop if I want. Stuff like that, it all just works.
Anyway, wife told me just days ago, if I want to get a new Mac mini M1 go out and do it anytime and she will be glad to take my Mac mini i5 (only a year + old losing track of exactly) She will be partly in Windows for a time as I got her a Lenovo Yoga EVO laptop less then a year ago and she has a commercial Dell workstation in our home from her company so she will need a Windows presence anyway. But I already can say, I doubt in any way shape or form we will ever go back to Android. Also iCloud mail is VERY convenient, love it, in addition to proton mail.

AS you know I tend to go over the top in my posts, I do TRY to keep them short. *L* I also and dont want to start a debate with anyone but am anti google EVERYTHING now and I will never be back in their world again, never ever. It just came to mind because someones comment about googles invasive YouTube. Its kind of cool, if I ever do watch a you tube, Apple asks me if I want to watch it in Safari so my privacy isnt invaded by google. (in my words)

Reactions: GON

Not pleasant! Work forced us over to iPhones and I just can't get used to it. It works fine for the most part, it's just personal preference.

your carrier cost will vary, so being a simple light user i switched to airvoice pay as you go, as a member noted. its on ATT towers + works for cheep on my smarted than me Moto E i bought unlocked due to my 3G razor service going away

Back