Just the one website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not naming it, as it does work using another device its a machine related site. I went on it just like anyother day, and it opened just fine then went to one of the topics and poof wight screen and not found. I have tried rebooting modem and pc, and virus check etc. It happened once in the past and the reboot fixed it. So what can someone do to my pc to cause this? Where to look for the change made? I deleted auto password and history etc for that site. Using fire fox.

The website you won't divulge is likely trying to install spyware-adware and your machine is fighting it or at least cueing it up for admission.

If it's a naughty website it's malware. Hmmm...Why won't you tell us the name?

Pretty useless to post asking suggestions about issues with a website without naming said website. Kinda like asking what oil you should use without naming what car you have.

You most likely have something on the one machine that has the issue that is either outdated or corrupt. Flash, Java, .Net, brower extension or a video driver that has an issue. Go through and update everything.

Its more like someone intercepting the communication to the website. Others access it fine. And now this pc does too. Its either the hosting agency for the site or the ISP that is / was doing it.
Knowing the website would not fix a thing. Because all could go to it freely with zero problems. That was all tested. I needed a super sharp hacker type that knows the ins and outs of how someone can mess my access up like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back