Just started ARX

Status
Not open for further replies.
on my wifes malibu. but I should of thought about waiting. as the car is going in to the shop for the imfamous intake gasket leak. they shouldnt need to drain the oil do they? I put castrol GTX 10w 30 with a napa gold filter.

inside the oil cap there is a red like coating on the valve springs and a redish cooked stuff on the bottom of the oil cap. but I see alot of silver of the head ehen I look inside. so I dont think I had the coolaint leak for that long. as there is no real sludge buildup as I can see.

have noticed the engine is kinds slugish here lately. its a 00 malibu 3.1 v6. atleast I dont have the piston slap lol.
pat.gif
lol.gif

my Dakota will be finished on the rinse phase here soon. as I go down to SC on a trip. taking donations for paying for gas lol. will cut open the filter and look inside of it and post pics of whats inside. dont think there will be much in there as the truck has only 39,000. but the 4.7 has smoothed out alot. dont know if I am going to put PP in it or jsut GTX and stay with dino. any input as to what I should use in it. I know a loaded question. but would like to see the good points for both thats all. or maybe a syn blend.

again sorry for not posting pics of valve covers off. but I dont feel like pulling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back