Just spent over an hour poring over labels at walmart...

And they didn't have any oil that met a 504/507 approval. I keep seeing threads where it says it's there, but I can't find it. I looked at every Pennzoil,M1,Castrol,Valvoline,Motorcraft,RP,Shell,Chevron,Havoline,SuperTech, etc etc. Nope. Not at the supercenter near me and not across town at that supercenter last time I was there. I will say this. They were fully stocked this time around. I did see plenty of Euro this and Euro that, Mercedes,BMW,Volvo are all represented. VW in 502/505 has a very limited choice. Why don't any of the walmart's I frequent have 504/507? It seems to be available to everyone else on this board in their neck of the woods.

Might have OCD if you're in this much of a hurry to get your hands on some. The easier solution to automotive hassles is stop buying VW and Dodge. :)

Penzoil makes a 504 approved oil. The Platinum Euro 0W30. Now whether Wallyworld has it, no idea. Should be able to easily order this online. Liquimoly makes one as well that can bought in kits online.

Might have OCD if you're in this much of a hurry to get your hands on some. The easier solution to automotive hassles is stop buying VW and Dodge. :)
I'll give you the Dodge....but VW? Come on now...hahahahah

I mail order the Red Line and Ravenol. I buy the M1 ESP euro at NAPA. My fleet always has and the rest of the cars I work on are going to start getting 504/507 from now on. Since I have narrowed down the specification and the Red Line and Ravenol are used solely in my personal vehicles, I figured I would become a Walmart bargain guru like the majority of this board. To this end I just bought some M1 ESP at NAPA for $6 a quart. Looking to flesh out my inventory with even cheaper priced 504/507 for the rest of the vehicles I have to service due to circumstance. I now believe this 504/507 on their shelves is just an urban legend.

I changed planes in the Kentucky suburb of Cincinnati once. Quite depressing. The Bengals, everyone running around with Pete Rose' bowl haircuts, the requirement to speak and enunciate slowly while utilizing words with less than three letters. Must be rough being jealous of Cleveland. Cincinnati, yeah baby! :)

Last edited:
And they didn't have any oil that met a 504/507 approval. I keep seeing threads where it says it's there, but I can't find it. I looked at every Pennzoil,M1,Castrol,Valvoline,Motorcraft,RP,Shell,Chevron,Havoline,SuperTech, etc etc. Nope. Not at the supercenter near me and not across town at that supercenter last time I was there. I will say this. They were fully stocked this time around. I did see plenty of Euro this and Euro that, Mercedes,BMW,Volvo are all represented. VW in 502/505 has a very limited choice. Why don't any of the walmart's I frequent have 504/507? It seems to be available to everyone else on this board in their neck of the woods.

You had asked about VW 502 at Wally's before and that is easy. VW 504 is a whole nother animal and no you won't find it at Wally's. In fact it is not easy to find over the counter anywhere. AAP has it in Pennzoil's Euro 0w30 LX. I hear there is a Mobil version at Napa but I've not seen it.

So I guess that leads to the my next question. Who has the cheapest 504/507 available?

I changed planes in the Kentucky suburb of Cincinnati once. Quite depressing. The Bengals, everyone running around with Pete Rose' bowl haircuts, the requirement to speak and enunciate slowly while utilizing words with less than three letters. Must be rough being jealous of Cleveland. Cincinnati, yeah baby! :)
I'm impressed that merely stopping in an airport, allowed you to fixate on negative stereotypes so much. It must have been really boring. I hope you get better vehicles soon that don't need special oil, so you can drive places instead of flying and avoid all that. :)

I'm impressed that merely stopping in an airport, allowed you to fixate on negative stereotypes so much. It must have been really boring. I hope you get better vehicles soon that don't need special oil, so you can drive places instead of flying and avoid all that. :)
Kind of waiting for history to march on a little. Gonna be in the market for a new Ram pickup soon. I'm just a martyr I suppose. The good folks in Wolfsburg and Mexico are depending on my continued patronage.:whistle:

BTW, some months back I tried ordering some 504/507 bargain priced oil from Triax via Amazon a couple times. They substituted 502 both times and their price has gone up since then. I also chased a couple remarkable deals for Motul, 4-5L jugs that turned into 1-5L jug, twice! Only to have been baited and switched, also via Amazon. I recently got baited and switched by ECS tuning via Amazon where the picture of the 100% synthetic Vaico magically turned into semi-synthetic at my doorstep. I used to be a regular customer of ECS but no longer. Amazon has lost the handle on its 3rd party vendors. It is a hassle and a waste of my time returning oil. Hence my interest in walmart and other local retailers.

I bought 5w-30 ESP from NAPA's website, i think it was < $6/qt. The frustrating thing was they seemed to want to nail down a store i could pick it up in, but I just ended up ordering it and they gave me free shipping. Yup Walmart's is the greatest place to buy oil, except when it isn't.

BTW, some months back I tried ordering some 504/507 bargain priced oil from Triax via Amazon a couple times. They substituted 502 both times and their price has gone up since then. I also chased a couple remarkable deals for Motul, 4-5L jugs that turned into 1-5L jug, twice! Only to have been baited and switched, also via Amazon. I recently got baited and switched by ECS tuning via Amazon where the picture of the 100% synthetic Vaico magically turned into semi-synthetic at my doorstep. I used to be a regular customer of ECS but no longer. Amazon has lost the handle on its 3rd party vendors. It is a hassle and a waste of my time returning oil. Hence my interest in walmart and other local retailers.
Which Triax oils have any VW approvals? To me it looks like they substituted one unapproved oil for another unapproved oil.

I mail order the Red Line and Ravenol. I buy the M1 ESP euro at NAPA. My fleet always has and the rest of the cars I work on are going to start getting 504/507 from now on. Since I have narrowed down the specification and the Red Line and Ravenol are used solely in my personal vehicles, I figured I would become a Walmart bargain guru like the majority of this board. To this end I just bought some M1 ESP at NAPA for $6 a quart. Looking to flesh out my inventory with even cheaper priced 504/507 for the rest of the vehicles I have to service due to circumstance. I now believe this 504/507 on their shelves is just an urban legend.

Why bothering with approvals in the first place if you are using RedLine?

Don’t you have Canadian Tires stores? LOL

2A7D25BE-0F99-4F09-A85B-E92D7FEDC1AA.jpg
N”

Back