Just some pic's at the local shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the detail.

These are both owned by the same customer. The chopped 34 coupe has the supercharged Motor City flathead. The roadster has the twin carb Offenhauser. The coupe has about $70k into it. Neither of these are 'glass.

-
 -
 -
 -

you may be able to see the flames on this one.
 -

and this isn't at my buddy's shop ..but it is my youngest daughter with my grandson (her nephew). Yep, he's GeeAeaIII.

-

and our "rot-n-lab"
 -

Well, I'm very proud of the daughter (Honor Society ranked 10th in her class, etc.) my grandson is just a joy (I mean REALLY, much easier to take care of than his father was).

..but the cars are only in my dreams. They are owned by one man ..about 70 years young who did just about everything to them himself except the paint.

I wish I had his spare change.
grin.gif

quote:

I cant believe you didn't tell us what type of oil & filter these hot rods are running....
wink.gif
Do tell.

Well, if you look close, the coupe has a bypass filter. That's the canister to the right in the top image. The roadster also has a bypass type filter ..but it's has rounded ends ..sorta like a double ended bullet.

I truly imagine that these have Fram elements in them.
shocked.gif
I dunno about oil ..but I will inquire. I've gotta be careful with these intense hotrod/street rod/hi-per types. Most have quite a few years on me. TONS of success in engine building and trophy class cars. I do get some "air time" ..but it's hard to talk about the merits of fine filtration and AW content with people who probably either drive the cars 4000 miles a year ..or in the case of weekend racers ..are refreshing them on a two year interval.

They don't speak minivan..
freak2.gif

btw- the coupe was in because the owner had used ..hmmmm....weatherhead
confused.gif
clampless fittings and lines for the oil (typically more than capable
dunno.gif
) and one of the lines blew off. It was being refitted with AN fittings and stainless braided hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back