Just Sold My Boat

Ahh, it's the boat cliche thread.

Prices are all jacked up like everything else in the southeast. Went boating twice I think this year so far... too hot. Yes, too hot for the lake.

Maybe next month.

Boats are like vehicles. Pay some overpriced bum to try to fix it, or do it yourself. I guess we could say BOAST for vehicles... Bust Out Another Several Thousand.

Congrats on selling anything like that.
The bloke who keeps his car/boat/plane/heavy tools etc. in better condition makes the sale sooner.

I grew up on lakes and, oddly enough, never got bit by the boat/boating bug. I love their looks....so graceful.
I have learned one thing; boats are like airplanes, they're better off when they're used regularly.

I keep meaning to contact Jay Leno to ask him if he needs anyone to exercise his many cars.

I’m keeping an older boat going and I just had a ignition solenoid fail, even though it was a genuine Yamaha part that I replaced about five years ago; one of the newest parts on the motor. If you can get a kick from firing up a 2 cycle Yammy, it’s worth it. Two cycle smoke.....it’s the smell of Victory!

The two happiest days in a man's life, the day he gets his boat and the day he gets rid of his boat.

boat happiness.jpg

As are most things that bring pleasure. Vehicles, alcohol, etc. One just has to weigh risk vs. reward for it. I wouldn't trade my trips with my aunt/uncle/cousins when I was growing up going to the lake over the summers for anything. We had an absolute blast tubing, camping, exploring, etc.
My understanding of the great equation is this is why we work hard.....

Last edited:
I forgot to add that in my opinion and experience a boat needs to be over maintained, only then is a boat not that costly. I looked at is as I do not want a break down on the way to or in the water as boat time was limited and valuable. I used to over maintain my boats and really didn't have problems with them. I love boats, but I now do not own a boat for the only reason is that I am boated out.

Last edited:
Boating, like most other hobbies have a place in one's life. Influences such as career, family, health, etc. will drive when the place is. There is a time to buy and one to sell. That said, being new to boating especially offshore ocean boating, the efforts and expense are well worth it for the family memories alone, however I have yet to experience a more 'milk the (average) customer for shoddy work' culture than boating. There are great shops out there, but buyer beware and be educated.

Back