Just saw the old YouTube video on pure one gold dust oil filter

Well I was laying on my couch and watch a Honda Civic si oil change ( that my life lol ) . Come cross this clip where the owner using pure one gold dust with red gasket oil filter . Some how it’s hit me hard on nostalgia . It was the best of the best oil filter . I miss old time here in bitog and Helen the site owner . We use to talk alot . Mod can move to off topic if need

Yellow PureOne was the age of tearing media also, so I wouldn't say it was "the best of the best". It was high efficiency and actually flowed better than the long time misconception said it did - backed up with data directly from Purolator engineering. But the Fram Ultra stepped in and people bailed out of the Purolator world for the Ultra, including me.

I used em but then my OCI's were short and I didn't experience the tears so many did. I even used them in a Brute Force 750 Quad but that was an easy application as my OCI's were not anything an average filer would have issues with.

Yellow PureOne was the age of tearing media also, so I wouldn't say it was "the best of the best". It was high efficiency and actually flowed better than the long time misconception said it did - backed up with data directly from Purolator engineering. But the Fram Ultra stepped in and people bailed out of the Purolator world for the Ultra, including me.
Back then we don’t even know tearing oil filter is lol.

Napa gold was $5 . I forgot what website it’s but it’s was very popular web site where you can get Napa gold for $5

Oh so it was those that had the tearing issues? I've used lots of them over the years and even still have some on hand, not once did I suffer any engine failures. I've used the 14459 on my Honda's and the 14006 on my GMC. I really liked the blue cans that were made previous to these.

Well I was laying on my couch and watch a Honda Civic si oil change ( that my life lol ) . Come cross this clip where the owner using pure one gold dust with red gasket oil filter . Some how it’s hit me hard on nostalgia . It was the best of the best oil filter . I miss old time here in bitog and Helen the site owner . We use to talk alot . Mod can move to off topic if need
tenor.gif

I just put one on my brother's '01 Accord after putting a timing belt & WP kit on it, a PL14610 (I know, should be PL14459). I'll be sure to cut & post it in 8K or so (or whenever he remembers to bring it by). I still have a bunch of gold Pure Ones from when K-Mart was blowing them out right & left for $2 or so (IIRC)!

Back