Just purchased a 2017 Jaguar F-Type S V6

I drive a Jaguar X-Type with manual transmission and I liked the responsive X-Type so much I purchased another Jaguar. I love convertibles and sports cars and have owned them all my life, my previous car was a Turbocharged S2000 with 405RWHP and before that a 385RWHP turbo Miata. The 12.9 second (maybe) F-Type fits the need perfectly, although not quite as powerfully (both the S2000 and turbo Miata were low 11 sec cars) . It is the S model supercharged 380HP V6 with a fast shifting 8 speed ZF automatic, a noisy burbling exhaust, 19 inch wheels, with bigger brakes. I will probably put an oversized crankshaft pulley and tune on the thing and bring it up to about 450HP, which . It seems the engine is quite tough and will easily take enough boost to bring it well over 500HP. Some of the E-85 tunes are pushing 600HP with good results.

I purchased the car from a used car dealership, and the transaction was not all that smooth and it's not a perfect car (service records are excellent) and needs some minor mechanical/body repairs, but in the end, I got the deal and the car I wanted. Drove it 300 miles so far, and it is an absolute blast.

I was very hesitant to purchase a F-Type as the V6 engine is a V8 with the 2 aft pistons removed, and that bothered me. A very strange setup, and not exactly light weight. But in the end, the car was so much fun, I could not resist.

bv5xvOC.jpg

Hr1Chv1.jpg

Cujet, Nice ride. I especially like the color and body design....enjoy.

Your post here goes exactly to what I personally believe. Life is too short, and we should all drive what we want, can afford, and are willing to live with when it comes to insurance costs, repair costs, and the all around the pleasure it gives us in the form of ownership.

I drive a Jaguar X-Type with manual transmission and I liked the responsive X-Type so much I purchased another Jaguar. I love convertibles and sports cars and have owned them all my life, my previous car was a Turbocharged S2000 with 405RWHP and before that a 385RWHP turbo Miata. The 12.9 second (maybe) F-Type fits the need perfectly, although not quite as powerfully (both the S2000 and turbo Miata were low 11 sec cars) . It is the S model supercharged 380HP V6 with a fast shifting 8 speed ZF automatic, a noisy burbling exhaust, 19 inch wheels, with bigger brakes. I will probably put an oversized crankshaft pulley and tune on the thing and bring it up to about 450HP, which . It seems the engine is quite tough and will easily take enough boost to bring it well over 500HP. Some of the E-85 tunes are pushing 600HP with good results.

I purchased the car from a used car dealership, and the transaction was not all that smooth and it's not a perfect car (service records are excellent) and needs some minor mechanical/body repairs, but in the end, I got the deal and the car I wanted. Drove it 300 miles so far, and it is an absolute blast.

I was very hesitant to purchase a F-Type as the V6 engine is a V8 with the 2 aft pistons removed, and that bothered me. A very strange setup, and not exactly light weight. But in the end, the car was so much fun, I could not resist.

bv5xvOC.jpg

Hr1Chv1.jpg
Beautiful car!! I really like the wheels. Very stylish. Classy.

Congrats! I always loved the lines of the XK and F Types. One of those cars that I have come so close to over the years....

You are also in a nice part of the country for a cabriolet. Use sunblock :)

Cujet, Nice ride. I especially like the color and body design....enjoy.

Your post here goes exactly to what I personally believe. Life is too short, and we should all drive what we want, can afford, and are willing to live with when it comes to insurance costs, repair costs, and the all around the pleasure it gives us in the form of ownership.
Yup! For those of us who like to drive, and enjoy a responsive car, you are absolutely correct. Why purchase and drive an appliance? When something that stirs the soul is available.

My last car:
Note: It was fun, but too laggy with the big turbo to be an absolute blast around town.

YGpzmgI.jpg

I've read on Jaguar forums "one" problem plaguing the V6 & V8 Jaguar engines are the plastic coolant tend to burst causing overheating. Once the engine over heats the heads wrapped, it is non-repairable. For peace of mind replace these pipes with aluminum sold on eBay. Other than that the F Type is a fabulous car to own. You have to get used to it as it is a head turner ;)

my previous car was a Turbocharged S2000 with 405RWHP
:oops: Cj…..no you di int! I’m shocked you sold that gorgeous S2000! They were instant classics and as reliable as a hammer starting with the first model! ( insert father’s voice here) I hope you know what you’re doing selling a Honda then buying a Jag! ;) OK, I’m over it! What a beautiful Jag! I’m LOVING the look of the larger wheels and tires and it “sits” just right. That beautiful grille retains the look of the old XKE which is one of my all time favorites. How about a pic of her rear 💋I’m sure she looks good from any angle!

crossover pipes or water pump blow out they keep driving it and man down. salvage 3.0 and 5.0 are expensive because so many owners cook them

Last edited:
That's a beautiful F Type Cujet. If you haven't already, you should sign up on the Jaguar Forum. Lots of friendly people there and plenty of knowledgeable contributors.
I have a 2021 F Type R for a weekend driver and it's been a lot of fun. F Types in general aren't very common and I'm sure you will receive a lot of complements when you take it out.

I wouldn't be afraid of a chopped V8 to make a V6. The best V6 I've ever owned is a 3.9L Mopar which is a chopped 318. The Mopar engineers had a heck of a time getting the 3.9L balanced but eventually solved it.

:oops: Cj…..no you di int! I’m shocked you sold that gorgeous S2000! They were instant classics and as reliable as a hammer starting with the first model!

Haha, the S2000 had a few issues, possibly due to the slightly increased output :) The differential needed a massive overhaul, with reinforced bearing mounts, just to hold up.

The transmission failed utterly, and the engine needed V-Tec valve springs (a known issue) and other work. The car made it 38,000 miles before anything came apart...

I know there is much love for the S2000, but really it's a Honda Civic, with Civic/Miata brakes and very thin, flexy sheet metal. Even jacking the car damages the sheet metal. You can bend it with fingertips! I truly felt the Miata Turbo was a far better car. Faster too.

r8qGfYg.jpg

I've read on Jaguar forums "one" problem plaguing the V6 & V8 Jaguar engines are the plastic coolant tend to burst causing overheating. Once the engine over heats the heads wrapped, it is non-repairable. For peace of mind replace these pipes with aluminum sold on eBay. Other than that the F Type is a fabulous car to own. You have to get used to it as it is a head turner ;)
Thank you for that! I'll go shopping for an improved pipe, or fab one myself. I do tend to drive very long distances, so it's a great idea to fix known issues like this.

Thank you for that! I'll go shopping for an improved pipe, or fab one myself. I do tend to drive very long distances, so it's a great idea to fix known issues like this.
Kinda check on it in your Jag, the previous owner might have upgraded the plastic pipes to aluminum. If that is the case, nothing worry about.. you're all set. The aluminum pipes are not sold at the dealer but on eBay they cost less than $100.00
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2248938859...K/yZ89Nb0gTUv+1nsattUa+VHg==|tkp:BFBM5pO32O5g

Back