Just picked up a 2012 Buick Verano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up a sweet 2012 Buick Verano with only 23k on it. It has the Ecotec 2.4DI and was wondering what oil and filter combo everyone was using.

My 2.2l seems to do well on PYB or Pennzoil Platinum. I prefer the Hengst made ACDelco filters. I can usually only find these at Advance Auto or the dealer.

Most likely, anything dexos1 5W30. I don't think you can go wrong with anything that is dexos1. And, more & more oils are meeting this spec to where it's hard not to find a dexos1 approved oil.

As far as filters, oh IDK. I guess what ever is on sale from the name brands or whatever filter comes with your OCI/5qt jug.

Last edited:
I bought a case of Wix online and buy Wolf's Head Syn Pack 5-30 Dexos from my local store. I also have a Harbor Freight extractor which makes oil changes easy.

JasonC, I've never driven a Verano; my current ride is a 2011 Regal with the same engine you have. The couple of Veranos I've sat in, however, felt as solid and bank vault-like as the bigger car does. Buick makes great cars these days, though a lot of consumers don't seem to realize it. Change the oil, use regular gas, keep it clean and waxed, don't be afraid to use the manumatic transmission for some extra fun and revs, and enjoy the beast.

Ben Boyle: So it is possible to extract the oil through the dipstick tube on the 2.4L engine?

I can extract through the dipstick tube on the 2.4 in my LaCrosse, and get nearly every drop. With the cartridge filter front & center, this is the first car I've had that will let me do an oil and filter change standing up.

"Just picked up a 2012 Buick Verano"

Wow, must have been heavy.

12.gif

My wife is loving it so far. Very quiet inside and plenty of pep.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
JasonC, I've never driven a Verano; my current ride is a 2011 Regal with the same engine you have. The couple of Veranos I've sat in, however, felt as solid and bank vault-like as the bigger car does. Buick makes great cars these days, though a lot of consumers don't seem to realize it. Change the oil, use regular gas, keep it clean and waxed, don't be afraid to use the manumatic transmission for some extra fun and revs, and enjoy the beast.

Ben Boyle: So it is possible to extract the oil through the dipstick tube on the 2.4L engine?

My wife drives about 60 miles a day, mostly highway miles. I am looking at a 5-6k interval using synthetic. Right now trying to decide between Mobil, Pennzoil, & Quaker State Syn.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
I used the ACDelco filters in my wife's 2.4 and don't extend the drain intervals. We would run 3,500 miles with hers.

Originally Posted By: yesthatsteve
I can extract through the dipstick tube on the 2.4 in my LaCrosse, and get nearly every drop. With the cartridge filter front & center, this is the first car I've had that will let me do an oil and filter change standing up.

Ha! Topsider, here I come!

That's what I use. It went on my Christmas list right after I bought the LaCrosse in October, and my kids know how much Dad likes getting new tools.
thumbsup2.gif

That's what I use. It went on my Christmas list right after I bought the LaCrosse in October, and my kids know how much Dad likes getting new tools.
thumbsup2.gif

I'm having the oil changed/tires rotated at the dealer (they package both together for a special price) this Saturday. But the next change, in November . . . ah-hah!

Originally Posted By: JasonC
My wife drives about 60 miles a day, mostly highway miles. I am looking at a 5-6k interval using synthetic. Right now trying to decide between Mobil, Pennzoil, & Quaker State Syn.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
I used the ACDelco filters in my wife's 2.4 and don't extend the drain intervals. We would run 3,500 miles with hers.

So-you don't get any free oil changes from the dealer?

how is the interior size? im 6'2", 230lbs. when tire kicking awhile back i felt that the verano was more cramped than its sibling, chevy cruze. i guess that cpo veranos will be a good deal with the model's demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back