Just our luck

The new Jetta we bought to replaced the previous Jetta in an accident just got door dinged today. I swear this stuff NEVER happened on any car we have owned since we started driving nearly 15 years ago. Must be a string of "bad luck". I contacted a PDR company to see what they say. The car hasn't been anywhere other than my wifes work. She parks next to coworkers so I can only assume that is what happened. It's pretty crappy that they said nothing. I'd love to know who it was so I can slap them with the PDR bill.

Insignificant, I know. A dent on a brand new car just stings, especially after replacing the last NEW one due to an accident.

Such is life!

Man that sucks. Sorry to hear.

Absolutely hate when people don't respect others vehicles like that.

Back when I lived in an apartment I accidentally caught one of my neighbor's car doors HARD! Left him a note with my number and paid for it. Luckily they were able to PDF/Buff for only $250. Not bad!

The only way you're going to prevent heartache is to put the Jetta in the carport and she drives the Taurus. Any way she can get a spot all the way to the right so the car beside opens the driver's door away from her car?

If the paint's not broken and the PDR guy is any good he can make it disappear.

That sucks, sorry to hear that.

It really hurts to see that happens to a brand new car. I switched winter tires on factory wheels and no matter how many times I warned them not to scratch the rims, they chipped the paint with impact socket in 2 spots. I should have bought plastic wrapped socket before taking my car.

Anyways, it happens and you can't really avoid - like a windshield crack.

Less than a week after my bro bought his 2021 Tundra, it got hit from some road debris that a passing car picked up and flung off. Of all places it hit below the pass. side front door inches under the door handle. It dug into the paint now needing bodywork.

every new vehicle i ever owned had gotten some type of damage from door dings to shopping cars people let roll across the parking lot to other type of minor stuff...since i no longer buy new and the used stuff i do buy has some dings or dents, my current car had dents in all four doors when i bought it and no more new dents in 3 plus years I've owned it...kind of odd how that happens ...

The coworkers conspired and selected one person to do this to your wife's new car.
I can hear them laughing.
They're waiting for you to get it fixed....then they'll do it again.

Seriously: The clouts my poor car takes -even in distant spots- indicate large swathes of the population are beyond careless.

A shame to hear brother. Always painful when something nice gets damaged either new or old.

My 21 escalade got hit with a rock chip that took a bit of the clear coat off leaving just paint exposed this year in January just a few months after getting it. Ended up putting a tiny square of ppf on it. was pissed.

Last edited:
This is the process of a new car becoming a used car. I was having lunch in my "newish" Ford listening to AM radio and a apple fell off the tree behind me and dented the roof. First dent; at least it is not immediately obvious.
Maybe she can look at security tape at and find out who dented her door. My old work place security would jump to accommodate me on such a request.
That's just inexcusable

Sorry about your bad luck:( The Venza is 9 days in my possession. On day 2 cruzin' at about 40mph, a rock thrown at me by a car going the other way. Nice paint chip on the trim right in front of the hood. I feel for you bro, seemingly it happens to everyone.

You drive a car around and expect it should always be clean and pristine as the day it left the factory. Doesn't ever work that way. I gave up that game long ago. I drive semi used and dinged. Now I don't care if I get a ding. You'll sleep better if you stop expecting the material things in your life to be perfect.

Your car was a victim old the old grab the pocketbook and kick the door open move. I’ve seen it happen numerous times. Then there are the waddlers.

Well bummer. I've been absolutely paranoid about door dings since about 2018 when my Lincoln got door creamed to the tune of $1100 bucks.

Its a shame, you could almost live with it if it were truly an accident but from what I have seen its total indifference. People just dont care about other peoples property, they dont even care about themselves. Of course its not everyone but the percentages are trending up fast.

Sorry to hear this, man.

I know how you feel, as someone who likes to buy a vehicle and keep it for a very long time to extract all my money out of it.

As “car guys” we take excellent care of our vehicles, inside and out, and it’s infuriating when others damage or mess them up somehow, especially without taking responsibility.

Without dings that have been caused by others over the years on my 2007 Tacoma that I bought new in 2007 and is still my DD, the exterior would be nearly perfect.

Over the summer, while on vacation in gulf shores, we were forced to park in a crowded lot when we went on a boat ride. Of course, someone door dinged the wife’s brand-new 4Runner. Thankfully, the PDR guy was able to completely remove the ding.

Hoping for a perfect outcome for your PDR.

Back