Just looked at the new 2015 Ford Mustangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

The local dealer has three new 2015 Mustangs. They have one ecoboost/auto, one v6/6 speed manual, and one GT/auto. I didn't drive any of them but did sit inside the GT and V6 model. The v6 model had the cloth interior. The seats in both cars did feel more comfortable than the base model cloth seats in my 2014 GT.

The interiors did look pretty good but I'm still undecided if I like the exterior look of this car. I still think I like the look of my 14 better.

Have any of you guys drove one or even own one? What do you think of this new Mustang?

Wayne

I saw a truck load of the 2015's going down the road but it was too short of a look to decide what I think. Seeing them on video and in pictures I'm not too crazy about them. I guess they'll be a better track running car anyway.

I love the 2013/2014 models. How is yours in everyday life?

Originally Posted By: dustyroads
I saw a truck load of the 2015's going down the road but it was too short of a look to decide what I think. Seeing them on video and in pictures I'm not too crazy about them. I guess they'll be a better track running car anyway.

I love mine. It is not a daily. driver but it's the most fun and most powerful car I have owned. My 1970 Monte Carlo has a 396 BB in it and this Mustang feels more powerful than it does.

Wayne

I love the idea of the Ecoboost, but Ford designed it to make "VROOM VROOM" noises through the speakers.

Not cool guys, not cool.

I like the looks of the 2015 Mustangs from the photos I've seen. Need to look at one up close at the dealer to see if that still holds true. How much HP on the V8?

Originally Posted By: wtd
Originally Posted By: dustyroads

I love mine. It is not a daily. driver but it's the most fun and most powerful car I have owned. My 1970 Monte Carlo has a 396 BB in it and this Mustang feels more powerful than it does.

Wayne

Cool...glad you like it! I will look at the '15 mustang for fun but I think I'd take a used '13 or '14 if I were buying.

I really wanted to like them. However the 2015s still have the same junk Chinese manual transmission that mine has. Plus owning a Ford and working for a Ford dealer means that you get sent to the back of the line while your car is being fixed. Considering a Chevy SS, the V8 sedan from Australia.

If I bought a newer Mustang it would have to be a '12 or '13 Boss 302, period.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Considering a Chevy SS, the V8 sedan from Australia.

I don't know about the SS specifically because the sample size is so small and I don't think we've even sold the one we have, but the Caprice is not an angel either. They eat motor mounts for lunch and we have put engines in like three or four of them now. Granted, that's under cop duty, but it's not like we have pursuits here all the time.

The Chinese transmission in the Mustang is quite the blunder, but if you want fast and reliable, build up a first gen Lightning 5.8 or something. An SS may spend as much time as a Mustang having warranty work done unless the popo around here are actively trying to destroy these cars.

Originally Posted By: Mykl
I love the idea of the Ecoboost, but Ford designed it to make "VROOM VROOM" noises through the speakers.

Not cool guys, not cool.
Todays gullible and foolish car buyers.

Been looking a a new vehicle none impress me enough to write the check. They all seem to remind me of windows 8.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: Mykl

Not cool guys, not cool.
Todays gullible and foolish car buyers.

My 14 has the "sound pipe" as they call it on the forums. I had it disconnected, but could not come up with an elegant solution so I put it back on. The Borla exhaust makes up for the stupid idea anyway.

What do you guys think about that sloped back end?

2015-ford-mustang-rear-view.jpg

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
What do you guys think about that sloped back end?

2015-ford-mustang-rear-view.jpg

Nissan ugly.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Been looking a a new vehicle none impress me enough to write the check. They all seem to remind me of windows 8.

Agreed. Now that I've got my MS3 tweaked to my preference I see nothing under $30k used or $40k new that I like better.
I take that back, the 2010 CPO Challenger SRT8 I'm trying to resist has now dropped to $28.9k...

Are they still putting the Getrag MT82 in there? If so, I hope they fixed the linkage.

@ Merkava_4....that particular angle looks good I suppose, but looking at it broadside I'm just not terribly enthused. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Originally Posted By: Michael_P
Are they still putting the Getrag MT82 in there? If so, I hope they fixed the linkage.

They are. I am debating on putting the money out for a MGW shifter to see if that fixes my car. Although I am on the usual one transmission a year track with mine, at least I don't have to worry about changing fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back