Just looked at the new 2015 Ford Mustangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: E365

You can also get a Mustang GT for $30,300 with the X plan, $32,100 without.

Whats' the X plan?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

You can also get a Mustang GT for $30,300 with the X plan, $32,100 without.

Whats' the X plan?

Employee pricing for people who work for Ford suppliers, or companies with fleet agreements with Ford.

Last edited:
The GT that I referenced above was not a basic model. It was pretty loaded at $42,000 but they sold it for $40,000. Like E365 said above, a base model GT can be had around $30,000 with some discounts. Still not the cheapest cars around but not bad when you consider the fun factor.

The new 15's are really starting to grow on me but I've only had my 14 for a little over a year so it's too soon to trade up. Maybe in a few years.

Wayne

and anyone who buys new cars will tell you that you may NEVER find that stripper model 5.0 on the lot.

The stealerships will have tarted up models with long option lists and another sheet with added fabric protection, etc.

Way too early is correct, let's see how they hold up first. Older Stangs are pretty tough, and relatively simple. I don't know if you can say that anymore...

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
$40K? So it pretty much competes with the BMW 4 series. You can snag a 2014 435I in the low $40k range, and getting that motor over 400 hp is child's play.

I have not driven the new Mustang but I hope for that money its as good as a German car in all areas.

The used to be a bargain, I remember looking at a 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition for I think the mid $40k range. That seemed like a heck of a deal.

You can also get a Mustang GT for $30,300 with the X plan, $32,100 without. Still far cheaper than a 435i ($46,000). And even much cheaper than a base 428i ($40,500).

The new Mustang GT with the performance pack ($35,402 MSRP, $33,383 X Plan) is faster around a track than the Boss 302 was according for Ford. I think that's a bargain.

These are also just the starter Mustangs too. The next hi-po version (GT350R?) comes out on Nov 17th. Probably the all white car seen here at the Nurburgring. More to come after that.
http://youtu.be/aO9LYepgRq0

Then you have the German car problems. Not to say that American cars aren't complex now days, but if you buy a German car, you'd better have a service contract for as long as you intend to keep it.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
and anyone who buys new cars will tell you that you may NEVER find that stripper model 5.0 on the lot.

True, but will they let you order one (even if it will not be discounted as much as the dealer loaded pigs)??
21.gif

I say at first it will be harder to find a stripped down model since I'm sure the dealers want to showcase the new model with all the new bells and whistles and probably most people buy more loaded up cars than they do the stripped down models.

Last year when I bought my automatic equipped base model Mustang GT, I found several others around the area. The dealer that I bought mine from had another one identical to mine except in a different color. Later on in the year they had two more that were equipped identical to mine. Another dealer had a car identical to mine, even the same color just a few months ago.

I say give it time for the new to wear off and the dealers will start having less expensive, less optioned cars for sale.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Then you have the German car problems. Not to say that American cars aren't complex now days, but if you buy a German car, you'd better have a service contract for as long as you intend to keep it.

nah, I'm good.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
$40K? So it pretty much competes with the BMW 4 series. You can snag a 2014 435I in the low $40k range, and getting that motor over 400 hp is child's play.

I have not driven the new Mustang but I hope for that money its as good as a German car in all areas.

The used to be a bargain, I remember looking at a 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition for I think the mid $40k range. That seemed like a heck of a deal.

You can also get a Mustang GT for $30,300 with the X plan, $32,100 without. Still far cheaper than a 435i ($46,000). And even much cheaper than a base 428i ($40,500).

The new Mustang GT with the performance pack ($35,402 MSRP, $33,383 X Plan) is faster around a track than the Boss 302 was according for Ford. I think that's a bargain.

These are also just the starter Mustangs too. The next hi-po version (GT350R?) comes out on Nov 17th. Probably the all white car seen here at the Nurburgring. More to come after that.
http://youtu.be/aO9LYepgRq0

Just bought a used mercedes E class a few months ago. No intention of getting a service contract. I don't intend to take it to the dealer either, I have a cheap local mechanic that doesn't care what he works on. Anyway, one good thing about that sentiment is that it drives the price of used cars way down. I love all the options the car has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back