just in case, you have missed this video...

It's a 3-year old car, what do you expect? The fact that there's 341K (or whatever was mentioned) doesn't really apply to any of the things he's mentioned.

341K means the vehicle was driven almost exclusively on the highway at speed-- you can bet the hybrid motor battery saw very little use in this scenario. He mentions the headlamps aren't yellowed. That comes with age/UV exposure over the years, not from mileage. 12V batteries excel when regularly charged and maintained, they fail with age or disuse. Original brakes is not surprising-- A) because the car uses regenerative braking, B) primarily highway use.

He also states that it was owned by someone that took care of the car. That says everything. Most cars with 300K have switched owners at least a handful of times, some of which (I'd say the majority of car owners) treat cars as a disposable appliance.

I don't see the video as a testament to Toyota quality, rather the the benefits of highway miles (as opposed to sustained stop/go or mixed driving) and regenerative braking (he spends a lot of time highlighting brake condition).

If I picked most any modern vehicle off the lot and put 340K on in three years, I'd expect to see a similar outcome (perhaps not the brakes unless it was an EV/hybrid). Much depends on how you take care of the vehicle.

It's a 3-year old car, what do you expect? The fact that there's 341K (or whatever was mentioned) doesn't really apply to any of the things he's mentioned.

341K means the vehicle was driven almost exclusively on the highway at speed-- you can bet the hybrid motor battery saw very little use in this scenario. He mentions the headlamps aren't yellowed. That comes with age/UV exposure over the years, not from mileage. 12V batteries excel when regularly charged and maintained, they fail with age or disuse. Original brakes is not surprising-- A) because the car uses regenerative braking, B) primarily highway use.

He also states that it was owned by someone that took care of the car. That says everything. Most cars with 300K have switched owners at least a handful of times, some of which (I'd say the majority of car owners) treat cars as a disposable appliance.

I don't see the video as a testament to Toyota quality, rather the the benefits of highway miles (as opposed to sustained stop/go or mixed driving) and regenerative braking (he spends a lot of time highlighting brake condition).

If I picked most any modern vehicle off the lot and put 340K on in three years, I'd expect to see a similar outcome (perhaps not the brakes unless it was an EV/hybrid). Much depends on how you take care of the vehicle.
totally disagree; it is a Prius, the nameplate old more than 20 years and counting; also, it is an alternative mean of transportation, specifically plug in hybrid that stood the test of 340K miles; moreover, it is a affordable (a blue collar car sort of to say) and no range anxiety with it, plug in pretty much anywhere and be on the road, try that with Tesla

along with its Toyota badge longevity, it is testimony that another Prius prime will be equally as good as this one shown in the video; needless to say, buy another Prius prime with confidence in my playbook as the video from above demonstrates :)

totally disagree; it is a Prius, the nameplate old more than 20 years and counting; also, it is an alternative mean of transportation, specifically plug in hybrid that stood the test of 340K miles; moreover, it is a affordable (a blue collar car sort of to say) and no range anxiety with it, plug in pretty much anywhere and be on the road, try that with Tesla

along with its Toyota badge longevity, it is testimony that another Prius prime will be equally as good as this one shown in the video; needless to say, buy another Prius prime with confidence in my playbook as the video from above demonstrates :)
My dad owns a Prius Prime around the same year, maybe a bit newer. I’ve driven it plenty. It’s a great car and I would love to have one as a commuter; extremely economical, rides nice and nice inside. He puts about 10-15k a year on it.

Are you confident it would run to 341k in that usage, still have the original brakes, crystal clear headlight lenses, dry as a bone underneath, original 12V battery, hybrid battery in good health, little or no rust underneath, etc?

Back