Just great..

That's a scary future and I'm sure it'll spread further out. We probably have more invasives here in south Florida than most places. The impact is serious.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Originally Posted by Delta
Originally Posted by BAJA_05
First it was stink bugs that invaded now its the spotted lantern fly here in my parts of Pennsylvania. Crazy thing is, Maple Grove Racepark is a NHRA track located about 12 miles from my house. They have the one huge Lucas Nationals event here every September with all the big boy dragsters from all divisions. My point, these trailers/carriers come from all over the Country. Dont tell me this invasive spotted lantern fly is not going into or nesting in these trailers/carriers when there here to race and there doors are wide open. Now they take this invasive species along with them from location to location. Scary scary thought because -- out of nowhere -- these dang spotted lantern flys are everywhere here. They are decimating Pennsylvanias grapes and forestry every year and only getting worse.

Funny you mention stink bugs, they weren't nearly as bad compared to this year. I might have caught 5 or 6 overall whereas last year it had to be over 50. We haven't gotten the spotted lantern fly here yet in my county, but it's only a matter of time...

Yeah, I only caught about a dozen stink bugs in the house/garage all year. Last week I actually seen one walking on my window sill though. Outside it went immediately into the cold.

I get them on the sun facing side of the house. Not many, maybe one or two here and there. But I've seen pics of people's homes where they've invaded by the thousands. I guess there's a particular type of tree they like.

Back